Craft a first-rate resume that opens doors to new opportunities with our Accounts Payable Coordinator Resume Example. This invaluable resource is tailored specifically to help finance professionals showcase their skills in managing accounts payable and ensuring the accurate execution of financial obligations. Elevate your job search and impress potential employers by drawing inspiration from our expertly curated resume example, designed to make you stand out in a competitive market.
We will cover:
What does an Accounts Payable Coordinator do?
- Manage and process all invoices received for payment and undertake the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
- Verify invoices, expense reports, and other requests for payment to ensure charges are accurate and authorized.
- Input and maintain data in the accounting system, ensuring that entries are complete and up to date.
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions and prepare analysis of accounts as required.
- Generate payment to vendors on a routine schedule and match the check with backup for review by the financial manager.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and resolve any discrepancies in billing and shipping.
- Maintain orderly filing systems of all relevant financial documents.
- Assist with month-end closing procedures and prepare reports summarizing monthly activities.
- Coordinate with the purchasing department to ensure inventory is properly accounted for.
- Support auditors by providing documentation and assistance with accounts payable-related inquiries.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date, and report any issues to management.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments in accordance with the company policies.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of internal financial controls and procedures.
- Prepare tax documents related to accounts payable, such as 1099 forms at year-end.
- Collaborate with the accounting team for accurate and timely financial reporting and budget preparation.
- Teller Resume Sample
- Account Clerk Resume Sample
- Accounting Consultant Resume Sample
- CFO Resume Sample
- Financial Data Analyst Resume Sample
- Accounting Coordinator Resume Sample
- Account Administrator Resume Sample
- Account Analyst Resume Sample
- Trading Analyst Resume Sample
- Pricing Specialist Resume Sample
- Accounting Assistant Resume Sample
- Accounts Receivable Analyst Resume Sample
- Junior Business Analyst Resume Sample
- Insurance Underwriter Resume Sample
- Insurance Account Executive Resume Sample
- Financial Risk Analyst Resume Sample
- Experienced Real Estate Agent Resume Sample
- Billing Supervisor Resume Sample
- Finance Assistant Resume Sample
- Banking Assistant Resume Sample
What are some responsibilities of an Accounts Payable Coordinator?
- Reviewing and verifying invoices and check requests for appropriate documentation and approval before payment.
- Processing invoice transactions, including coding and posting them to the accounting system.
- Maintaining vendor files, including obtaining W-9s and ensuring vendor information is up to date.
- Reconciling accounts payable transactions and verifying that balances are accurate.
- Preparing and performing check runs, electronic transfers, and payments.
- Monitoring account to ensure payments are up to date and resolving invoice discrepancies.
- Corresponding with vendors and responding to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Producing monthly reports and assisting with month-end closing activities.
- Maintaining accurate historical records by filing documents accordingly.
- Assisting in audit preparations by providing necessary information and documentation.
- Continuously improving payment processes by evaluating and recommending updates to accounts payable procedures.
Sample Accounts Payable Coordinator Resume for Inspiration
123 Apple Road
Accountstown, Financeville, 12345
John Doe is an experienced Accounts Payable Coordinator with a strong track record of managing vendor payments and maintaining financial records. He is proficient in streamlining payment processes, negotiating payment terms, and ensuring compliance with financial regulations. John is recognized for his attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and his commitment to maintaining accurate and timely financial reports. His collaborative approach and problem-solving skills make him a valuable asset to any finance team.
- Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator, ABC Corporation, Financeville, April 2018 – Present
- Oversee the accounts payable process, ensuring timely payments and accurate record-keeping.
- Lead a team of accounts payable clerks, providing training and support to ensure efficiency.
- Negotiate with vendors to improve payment terms and manage cash flow.
- Implement electronic payment systems, reducing processing time by 30%.
- Accounts Payable Specialist, XYZ Inc., Accountstown, July 2015 – March 2018
- Processed invoices, expense reports, and payment transactions.
- Coordinated with the procurement department to reconcile purchase orders.
- Assisted with month-end close procedures and generated financial reports.
- Contributed to the successful internal and external audit processes.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of Financeville, 2015
- Proficient in accounts payable software (QuickBooks, SAP)
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Effective communication and organizational abilities
- Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP), 2017
- English (Native)
- Spanish (Conversational)
Resume tips for Accounts Payable Coordinator
Creating a perfect, career-launching resume is no easy task. Following general writing rules can help, but it is also smart to get advice tailored to your specific job search. When you’re new to the employment world, you need Accounts Payable Coordinator resume tips.
We collected the best tips from seasoned Accounts Payable Coordinator - Check out their advice to not only make your writing process easier but also increase your chances of creating a resume that piques the interest of prospective employers.
- Highlight your experience with accounts payable processes, including invoice processing, payment disbursement, and vendor management, to demonstrate your capability in handling the full cycle of accounts payable.
- Quantify your achievements with numbers, such as the volume of invoices processed, the amount of money managed, or the percentage of error reductions achieved through your efforts, to show potential employers the tangible value you bring.
- Detail your proficiency in relevant software and systems such as QuickBooks, SAP, Oracle, or other enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, as well as your ability to adapt to new technology, which is vital in this role.
- Emphasize your strong organizational skills and attention to detail, which are crucial for managing multiple accounts and ensuring accuracy in financial records and reports.
- Include any experience with process improvement initiatives or projects, such as streamlining payment processes or implementing new software solutions, to showcase your proactive approach and contribution to operational efficiency.
Accounts Payable Coordinator Resume Summary Examples
Using a resume summary or objective for an Accounts Payable Coordinator position is crucial because it provides a succinct snapshot of your professional expertise and goals, capturing the hiring manager's attention. It helps to differentiate you from other candidates, outlines your main achievements, and conveys your value proposition. Tailoring this section to the specific role shows your genuine interest and indicates how you'll contribute to the organization, increasing the chances of your resume making a memorable impact.
- Detail-oriented coordinator with 5+ years of experience managing invoices, payments, and vendor relations, ensuring timely accounts payable processes.
- Efficiently processed and reconciled multi-million dollar accounts, streamlining workflow and improving payment turnaround by 25%.
- Skillful in utilizing accounting software (QuickBooks, SAP) to maintain accurate financial records and generate reports.
- Adept at negotiating payment terms with suppliers, reducing late payment fees by 30% through proactive communication.
- Meticulous in maintaining records, demonstrated by reducing invoice discrepancies by 15% and enhancing audit trails.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Accounts Payable Coordinator Resume
Building a strong Experience Section for an Accounts Payable Coordinator resume is crucial as it showcases your practical expertise and job-specific skills. This section highlights your proficiency in managing financial records, ensuring timely payments, and maintaining accuracy in transaction processing. Employers look for candidates with a proven track record of efficiency and competence in handling accounts payable tasks, and a robust Experience Section demonstrates your ability to excel in this role, making you a compelling candidate for the job.
- Managed the accurate and timely processing of up to 500 invoices per month for a large-scale distribution company.
- Maintained a complex vendor records system, ensuring up-to-date documentation and compliance with auditing requirements.
- Coordinated weekly check runs, ensuring all payments were made on time and reconciled discrepancies promptly.
- Negotiated favorable payment terms with suppliers to maximize cash flow and improve financial operations.
- Reduced processing errors by 25% through the implementation of a new accounts payable software system.
- Performed monthly reconciliations of accounts payable subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger with 100% accuracy.
- Streamlined invoice approval process, resulting in a 15% increase in department efficiency.
- Developed and maintained strong relationships with vendors, resolving disputes and managing inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Assisted in preparing year-end accounts and schedules for audit processes, ensuring compliance with accounting standards.
- Administered company credit card programs, including monthly reconciliations and dispute resolution.
Accounts Payable Coordinator resume education example
An Accounts Payable Coordinator typically needs at least a high school diploma or equivalent, with many employers preferring an associate's degree in accounting or a related field. Proficiency in accounting software and a basic understanding of accounting principles are essential. Some positions may also require or favor candidates with a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration, along with relevant work experience in the accounts payable function.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Accounts Payable Coordinator resume:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, ABC University, New Town
- Associate Degree in Business Administration, XYZ Community College, Old City
- Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP), Institute of Financial Operations
Accounts Payable Coordinator Skills for a Resume
Adding skills to an Accounts Payable Coordinator resume is crucial because it showcases the candidate's ability to perform the job effectively. Highlighting relevant skills demonstrates competence in managing financial records, processing invoices, and ensuring timely payments. Employers seek candidates with a precise mix of technical abilities, attention to detail, and organizational skills to handle the responsibilities of the role efficiently and accurately.
- Attention to Detail
- Effective Communication
- Time Management
- Problem-Solving Ability
- Organizational Skills
- Team Collaboration
- Numerical Accuracy
- Customer Service Orientation
- Conflict Resolution
- Data Entry Accuracy
- Invoice Processing
- Financial Reconciliation
- Expense Reporting
- ERP Software Proficiency
- Vendor Management
- Payment Scheduling
- Tax Compliance Knowledge
- Accounts Payable Principles
- 1099 Preparation
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing an Accounts Payable Coordinator Resume
In this competitive job market, employers receive an average of 180 applications for each open position. To process these resumes, companies often rely on automated applicant tracking systems, which can sift through resumes and eliminate the least qualified applicants. If your resume is among the few that make it past these bots, it must still impress the recruiter or hiring manager. With so many applications coming in, recruiters typically give each resume only 5 seconds of their attention before deciding whether to discard it. Considering this, it's best to avoid including any distracting information on your application that could cause it to be thrown away. To help make sure your resume stands out, review the list below of what you should not include on your job application.
- Not including a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to explain why you are the best candidate for the job and why you want the position.
- Using too much jargon. Hiring managers do not want to read a resume full of technical terms that they do not understand.
- Omitting important details. Make sure to include your contact information, educational background, job history, and any relevant skills and experiences.
- Using a generic template. Take the time to customize your resume to the job you are applying for. This will show the employer that you are serious about the position.
- Spelling and grammar errors. Always double-check your resume for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammar errors.
- Focusing too much on duties. Make sure to include accomplishments and successes to show the employer that you are a great candidate.
- Including personal information. Avoid including any personal information such as age, marital status, or religious beliefs.
Key takeaways for a Accounts Payable Coordinator resume
- Extensive experience in managing full cycle accounts payable processes
- Proficiency in invoice processing, payment scheduling, and vendor relationship management
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting
- Expertise in utilizing accounting software such as QuickBooks, SAP, and Oracle
- Excellent organizational skills to handle high volumes of invoices with precision
- Adept at reconciling accounts and preparing expenditure reports
- Experience with verifying financial records and compliance with internal controls
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives
- Proven track record in improving accounts payable procedures and reducing payment errors
- Strong analytical skills to resolve payment discrepancies and enforce company policies
- Detail-oriented professional with an eye for accuracy in all financial transactions
- Good communication skills for effective interaction with suppliers and management
It's time to begin the job search. Make sure you put your best foot forward and land your next job with the help of Resumaker.ai.