Are you looking for a new job as a Business Office Assistant? If so, you’ll need a strong resume to stand out from the competition. Our Business Office Assistant Resume Example provides you with all the tips and tricks you need to create a professional and impactful resume that will land you more interviews and help you get hired for your dream job.
We will cover:
What does a Business Office Assistant do?
A Business Office Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to a business or organization. Duties may include filing, typing, answering phones, scheduling meetings, and other office tasks. They may also be responsible for preparing reports, maintaining records, and processing customer orders.
- Cad Operator Resume Sample
- Supply Manager Resume Sample
- Inventory Controller Resume Sample
- Call Center Agent Resume Sample
- Customer Service Specialist Resume Sample
- Insurance Processor Resume Sample
- Scheduling Coordinator Resume Sample
- Receiver Resume Sample
- Referral Specialist Resume Sample
- Customer Support Manager Resume Sample
- Customer Support Representative Resume Sample
- Order Clerk Resume Sample
- Registration Specialist Resume Sample
- Desk Receptionist Resume Sample
- Administrative Coordinator Resume Sample
- Customer Service Clerk Resume Sample
- Coordinator Resume Sample
- Operations Analyst Resume Sample
- Administrative Office Assistant Resume Sample
- Business Operations Specialist Resume Sample
What are some responsibilities of a Business Office Assistant?
- Answering phones and routing calls to the appropriate department or person
- Greeting and directing visitors
- Maintaining filing systems and records
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets
- Performing data entry and scanning documents
- Ordering office supplies and maintaining inventory
- Assisting with payroll and bookkeeping tasks
- Assisting with administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings and preparing reports
- Processing invoices and other financial documents
- Providing customer service support
Sample Business Office Assistant Resume for Inspiration
Name: Alex Miller
Address: 123 Main Street, Anytown, ST 12345
Phone: (123) 456-7890
Alex Miller is an organized and detail-oriented Business Office Assistant with 5 years of experience in the field. He has a track record of successfully managing business operations, providing administrative support, and ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures. Alex is proficient in multiple software applications and is skilled in customer relations and data entry. He holds a degree in Business Administration from Anytown University.
- Business Office Assistant, ABC Company - Anytown, ST (2019 - Present)
- Manage day-to-day business operations, including record-keeping, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and employee benefit administration.
- Provide administrative support, such as scheduling, setting up meetings, and taking minutes.
- Create and maintain filing systems and databases for filing and tracking of documents.
- Ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Office Manager, XYZ Corporation - Anytown, ST (2014 - 2019)
- Provided administrative and operational support, including customer relations, data entry, and accounts management.
- Developed and implemented office policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective business operations.
- Recruited, trained, and supervised office staff.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Anytown University - Anytown, ST (2014)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Customer service
- Data entry
- Accounts management
- Administrative support
- Recruiting and training
Certified Business Office Assistant (CBPA), Anytown Professional Education Center (2016)
English (Native), Spanish (Conversational)
Resume tips for Business Office Assistant
Creating a perfect, career-launching resume is no easy task. Following general writing rules can help, but it is also smart to get advice tailored to your specific job search. When you’re new to the employment world, you need Business Office Assistant resume tips.
We collected the best tips from seasoned Business Office Assistant - Check out their advice to not only make your writing process easier but also increase your chances of creating a resume that piques the interest of prospective employers.
- Highlight your attention to detail and organizational skills
- Include relevant computer skills such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Provide examples of how you have effectively managed office operations
- Mention any experience in managing other employees
- Make sure to include relevant certifications or training
Business Office Assistant Resume Summary Examples
Using a resume summary or resume objective in your business office assistant resume can help to quickly and effectively communicate your qualifications to a potential employer. It can also help to differentiate your resume from others by highlighting your unique qualifications, experience, and skills. A resume summary or resume objective should focus on the specific qualities and qualifications that make you an ideal candidate for the specific job you are applying for. By summarizing your experience and accomplishments in the business office, you can demonstrate to employers that you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in the role.
- Efficient and organized Business Office Assistant with 8 years of experience in managing daily operations, providing excellent customer service, and resolving complex issues.
- Highly-skilled Business Office Assistant with 5 years of experience in bookkeeping, record-keeping, data entry, and customer service.
- Knowledgeable Business Office Assistant with 9 years of experience in customer service, financial management, and problem-solving.
- Detail-oriented Business Office Assistant with 7 years of experience in filing paperwork, maintaining databases, and providing administrative support.
- Resourceful Business Office Assistant with 6 years of experience in data entry, invoicing, and client relations.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Business Office Assistant Resume
Building a strong experience section for a business office assistant resume is important because it helps to showcase your skills and accomplishments in the role. It is the most important part of the resume as it demonstrates to employers that you have the necessary skills and knowledge to be successful in the role. Additionally, it provides evidence of your ability to work in a professional environment and handle the tasks and responsibilities that come with the job. Finally, it gives employers a glimpse into your personality and how you interact with others, which is important when they are considering you for the position.
- Provided administrative support to senior staff in a fast-paced office environment.
- Compiled and organized documents and reports for the office.
- Assisted in developing and executing organizational plans.
- Sorted, filed, and scanned documents for distribution and storage.
- Maintained a calendar of meetings and appointments.
- Answered and directed incoming telephone calls.
- Greeted visitors and provided customer service.
- Prepared and distributed correspondence and other materials as needed.
- Managed multiple projects and met tight deadlines.
- Ordered office supplies and maintained inventory.
Business Office Assistant resume education example
Business Office Assistants typically need a high school diploma or equivalent. They may also benefit from postsecondary training in office management or administrative assisting. Additional courses in accounting, computer applications, and customer service may also be beneficial.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Business Office Assistant resume:
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration, ABC Community College, 2020
- Certified Administrative Professional, ABC Professional Certification, 2020
- Certificate of Completion in Word Processing, ABC Technical Institute, 2019
Business Office Assistant Skills for a Resume
Adding skills to a Business Office Assistant resume is important because it helps employers assess the abilities of job applicants. Skills help employers understand the specific abilities of potential employees and determine if they have the necessary qualifications to perform the job. They also provide an insight into what kind of work applicants have done in the past, and how well they have performed. Examples of skills for a Business Office Assistant resume include customer service, data entry, filing, customer relations, organizational skills, and problem-solving.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Computer Literacy
- Data Entry
- Microsoft Office
- Word Processing
- Spreadsheet Creation
- Database Management
- Customer Service
- Communication Skills
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Business Office Assistant Resume
In this competitive job market, employers receive an average of 180 applications for each open position. To process these resumes, companies often rely on automated applicant tracking systems, which can sift through resumes and eliminate the least qualified applicants. If your resume is among the few that make it past these bots, it must still impress the recruiter or hiring manager. With so many applications coming in, recruiters typically give each resume only 5 seconds of their attention before deciding whether to discard it. Considering this, it's best to avoid including any distracting information on your application that could cause it to be thrown away. To help make sure your resume stands out, review the list below of what you should not include on your job application.
- Not including a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to explain why you are the best candidate for the job and why you want the position.
- Using too much jargon. Hiring managers do not want to read a resume full of technical terms that they do not understand.
- Omitting important details. Make sure to include your contact information, educational background, job history, and any relevant skills and experiences.
- Using a generic template. Take the time to customize your resume to the job you are applying for. This will show the employer that you are serious about the position.
- Spelling and grammar errors. Always double-check your resume for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammar errors.
- Focusing too much on duties. Make sure to include accomplishments and successes to show the employer that you are a great candidate.
- Including personal information. Avoid including any personal information such as age, marital status, or religious beliefs.
Key takeaways for a Business Office Assistant resume
- Highlight strong organizational and customer service skills
- Detail your experience using office equipment such as computers, fax machines, copiers, and scanners
- List your knowledge of popular office software such as Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Mention any experience with financial record keeping and accounting principles
- Showcase any experience with administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings and handling correspondence
- Demonstrate your ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
It's time to begin the job search. Make sure you put your best foot forward and land your next postal service job with the help of Resumaker.ai.