Our Order Clerk Resume Example article provides a comprehensive guide to helping you create a resume that will help you land the job you are aiming for. This article takes you through the steps needed to craft an effective resume, including the importance of a strong summary statement, effective use of action words, and how to showcase your qualifications. With this helpful guide, you can take your resume to the next level and stand out from the competition.
We will cover:
What does an Order Clerk do?
A Order Clerk is responsible for processing orders for products or services. They take customer orders, enter them into a computer system, track the orders, and arrange for delivery or shipment. They are also responsible for verifying credit, preparing invoices, and contacting customers with questions or problems related to their orders.
- Business Operations Specialist Resume Sample
- Business Assistant Resume Sample
- Clerk Typist Resume Sample
- Logistics Consultant Resume Sample
- Call Center Operator Resume Sample
- Unit Secretary Resume Sample
- Call Center Representative Resume Sample
- Call Center Supervisor Resume Sample
- Company Driver Resume Sample
- Administrative Clerk Resume Sample
- Administrative Office Assistant Resume Sample
- Customer Service Clerk Resume Sample
- Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
- Administrative Secretary Resume Sample
- Call Center Agent Resume Sample
- Front Office Receptionist Resume Sample
- Administrative Office Manager Resume Sample
- Administrative Specialist Resume Sample
- Logistics Administrator Resume Sample
- Administrative Coordinator Resume Sample
What are some responsibilities of an Order Clerk?
- Receive orders from customers via telephone or electronic transmission.
- Check stock availability and inform customers of estimated delivery dates.
- Process orders using computerized systems.
- Maintain records of customer purchases.
- Resolve customer complaints and provide appropriate solutions.
- Track order status and inform customers of changes.
- Enter customer data into databases.
- Provide customers with product information.
- Collaborate with other departments to resolve customer issues.
Sample Order Clerk Resume for Inspiration
Address: 123 Main Street, Raleigh, NC 27609
Phone: (123) 456-7890
Order Clerk Summary:
John Smith is a highly organized and detail-oriented Order Clerk with 7+ years of experience in order processing and customer service. He is proficient in using various computer systems to process orders and is able to respond to customer inquiries in a professional and timely manner. John is also a team player and has the ability to coordinate with different departments in the company to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Order Clerk, ABC Stores, Raleigh, NC: October 2013 - Present
- Process customer orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain accurate records of customer orders.
- Respond to customer inquiries related to orders.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Order Fulfillment Associate, XYZ Stores, Raleigh, NC: May 2010 - October 2013
- Assisted in receiving and stocking inventory.
- Processed customer orders and prepared them for shipment.
- Performed regular inventory checks and restocked shelves.
High School Diploma, Raleigh High School, Raleigh, NC, 2009
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and various order processing software
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills
Certified Order Clerk, ABC Certification, 2013
English - Native proficiency
Resume tips for Order Clerk
Creating a perfect, career-launching resume is no easy task. Following general writing rules can help, but it is also smart to get advice tailored to your specific job search. When you’re new to the employment world, you need Order Clerk resume tips.
We collected the best tips from seasoned Order Clerk - Check out their advice to not only make your writing process easier but also increase your chances of creating a resume that piques the interest of prospective employers.
- Highlight any customer service experience you have
- Be sure to include any experience working with computers or software
- Include any experience sorting or organizing orders
- Provide examples of any successful customer interactions
- Include any certifications or additional training you have received
Order Clerk Resume Summary Examples
A resume summary or resume objective is an important part of an Order Clerk resume. It gives employers a concise, yet comprehensive overview of your qualifications and professional experience. It also serves as the first impression employers get of you and can help you stand out among the competition. With a well-written resume summary or objective, you can showcase your knowledge and expertise in the field, as well as your enthusiasm for the position. This can help employers quickly determine if you are a suitable candidate for the job.
- Experienced order clerk with 5+ years of experience managing inventory and customer orders. Highly organized and efficient with a knack for problem solving.
- Skilled order clerk with a strong eye for detail and accuracy. Excels in multitasking and meeting tight deadlines.
- Order clerk with a knack for managing customer needs and tracking inventory. Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals.
- Resourceful order clerk with 3+ years of experience in order processing and customer service. Verified record of successfully managing inventory.
- Detail-oriented order clerk with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills. Ability to handle complex orders and prioritize workloads.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Order Clerk Resume
Building a strong experience section for an order clerk resume is important because it helps employers quickly understand your background, qualifications, and skills. It also provides a way for employers to gauge your work history and determine whether you are the right fit for the job. Your experience section should be tailored to the job you are applying for, highlighting your relevant accomplishments and skills. This helps employers better understand how your qualifications and experience make you an ideal candidate. Additionally, a strong experience section can demonstrate your commitment to your profession and the duties associated with order clerk positions.
- Provided customer service to in-store customers, helping them locate merchandise and answering questions.
- Developed and maintained positive relationships with customers and vendors.
- Assisted with the processing, tracking and distribution of orders.
- Managed data entry of customer orders, ensuring accuracy and completeness in a timely manner.
- Monitored the flow of inventory and ensured timely replenishment.
- Processed purchase orders, invoices and other related documents.
- Reconciled discrepancies between actual inventory and computer records.
- Verified and updated customer information in the system.
- Handled customer inquiries and complaints in a professional manner.
- Provided support to management in maintaining accurate records and reports.
Order Clerk resume education example
A high school diploma or equivalent is typically required to become an order clerk. Some employers may prefer candidates with prior experience in the field, such as working in a warehouse or retail store. Experience with computers and other technology may also be required or desired.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Order Clerk resume:
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration, ABC Community College, May 2020
- Certificate in Order Processing, XYZ Institute, December 2019
- Certified Shipping and Receiving Clerk, 123 Training, October 2018
Order Clerk Skills for a Resume
Adding skills to an Order Clerk Resume is important because it gives potential employers an idea of the type of skills and abilities you have that could be beneficial in the position. It also demonstrates to hiring managers that you have the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in the role. Examples of skills that may be beneficial for an Order Clerk position include customer service skills, organizational skills, problem solving skills, communication skills, time management skills, and computer skills.
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Customer Service
- Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Data Entry
- Inventory Management
- Order Processing
- Data Entry
- Inventory Management
- Customer Service
- Logistics Coordination
- Financial Accounting
- Product Identification
- Warehouse Management
- Microsoft Office
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing an Order Clerk Resume
In this competitive job market, employers receive an average of 180 applications for each open position. To process these resumes, companies often rely on automated applicant tracking systems, which can sift through resumes and eliminate the least qualified applicants. If your resume is among the few that make it past these bots, it must still impress the recruiter or hiring manager. With so many applications coming in, recruiters typically give each resume only 5 seconds of their attention before deciding whether to discard it. Considering this, it's best to avoid including any distracting information on your application that could cause it to be thrown away. To help make sure your resume stands out, review the list below of what you should not include on your job application.
- Not including a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to explain why you are the best candidate for the job and why you want the position.
- Using too much jargon. Hiring managers do not want to read a resume full of technical terms that they do not understand.
- Omitting important details. Make sure to include your contact information, educational background, job history, and any relevant skills and experiences.
- Using a generic template. Take the time to customize your resume to the job you are applying for. This will show the employer that you are serious about the position.
- Spelling and grammar errors. Always double-check your resume for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammar errors.
- Focusing too much on duties. Make sure to include accomplishments and successes to show the employer that you are a great candidate.
- Including personal information. Avoid including any personal information such as age, marital status, or religious beliefs.
Key takeaways for a Order Clerk resume
- Highlight your experience in the specific field and industries you have worked in.
- Provide examples of how you have utilized your problem-solving abilities to benefit the organization.
- Include any training or certification you have in order processing, inventory management, or customer service.
- Make sure to showcase your excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Showcase your ability to work with a variety of software systems.
- Demonstrate how you can handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Highlight your ability to stay organized and meet deadlines.
It's time to begin the job search. Make sure you put your best foot forward and land your next postal service job with the help of Resumaker.ai.