Are you looking for a new job as a Restaurant General Manager? Look no further! Our Restaurant General Manager Resume Example article provides a comprehensive guide on how to create a standout resume for this crucial role. Whether you're an experienced General Manager or just getting started in the field, our tips and sample resume will help you land the job you've been dreaming of.
We will cover:
What does a Restaurant General Manager do?
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the restaurant
- Manage staff, including hiring, training, and scheduling
- Ensure quality of food and service
- Handle customer complaints and ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage inventory and ordering supplies
- Set and meet revenue and profit goals
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Create and implement marketing and promotional strategies
- Dietary Manager Resume Sample
- Chef Manager Resume Sample
- Kitchen Worker Resume Sample
- Delivery Resume Sample
- Food Production Supervisor Resume Sample
- Food Services Manager Resume Sample
- Cake Decorator Resume Sample
- Meat Manager Resume Sample
- Food Technologist Resume Sample
- Kitchen Assistant Resume Sample
- Food Production Manager Resume Sample
- Bakery Clerk Resume Sample
- Dining Room Manager Resume Sample
- Pizza Cook Resume Sample
- Lead Cook Resume Sample
- Pastry Chef Resume Sample
- Bus Person Resume Sample
- Bakery Assistant Resume Sample
- Prep Chef Resume Sample
- Dishwasher Resume Sample
What are some responsibilities of a Restaurant General Manager?
- Overseeing the daily operations of the restaurant
- Managing and training staff
- Ensuring high quality of service and food
- Creating and implementing budgets and financial plans
- Monitoring inventory and ordering supplies
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
- Developing and implementing marketing and promotional strategies
- Handling customer complaints and issues
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Working with the executive chef to develop menu items and specials
Sample Restaurant General Manager Resume for Inspiration
Restaurant General Manager Resume Restaurant General Manager
Name: John Smith
Phone: (123) 456-7890Summary
John is an experienced Restaurant General Manager with a proven track record of effectively managing all aspects of restaurant operations. He excels in team leadership, customer service, and financial management, consistently driving revenue growth and exceeding customer satisfaction goals.Work Experience
- Restaurant General Manager | ABC Restaurant | 2015 - Present
- Oversaw daily operations, including staffing, inventory management, and customer service
- Implemented cost-saving measures resulting in a 15% decrease in operational expenses
- Collaborated with chefs to develop and launch innovative menu items, increasing customer satisfaction
- Assistant Manager | XYZ Bistro | 2012 - 2015
- Assisted in managing daily restaurant operations, including scheduling, ordering, and training
- Developed and implemented staff incentive programs, resulting in a 10% increase in customer satisfaction ratings
Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
University of XYZ, 2012Skills
- Team Leadership
- Financial Management
- Customer Service
- Inventory Management
- Menu Development
ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification
Alcohol Server CertificationLanguages
Fluent in English and Spanish
Resume tips for Restaurant General Manager
Creating a perfect, career-launching resume is no easy task. Following general writing rules can help, but it is also smart to get advice tailored to your specific job search. When you’re new to the employment world, you need Restaurant General Manager resume tips.
We collected the best tips from seasoned Restaurant General Manager - Check out their advice to not only make your writing process easier but also increase your chances of creating a resume that piques the interest of prospective employers.
- Highlight your management experience in the food and beverage industry
- Showcase your proven track record of improving restaurant operations and profitability
- Detail any successful initiatives you have implemented to enhance customer satisfaction
- Include your skills in team leadership, budgeting, and inventory management
- Emphasize any relevant certifications or training in hospitality management
Restaurant General Manager Resume Summary Examples
Using a Restaurant General Manager Resume Summary or Resume Objective is important because it provides a clear and concise overview of your qualifications and career goals. It allows potential employers to quickly understand what you bring to the table and how you can contribute to their organization. A well-crafted summary or objective can help you stand out from other candidates and make a strong first impression in the competitive job market.
- Experienced Restaurant General Manager with 10+ years in the hospitality industry
- Demonstrated ability to increase revenue and improve customer satisfaction
- Skilled in staff management, budgeting, and inventory control
- Proven track record of achieving operational goals and maintaining high standards
- Strong leadership and communication skills with a focus on team development
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Restaurant General Manager Resume
The experience section is a crucial part of a restaurant general manager resume as it showcases the candidate's expertise and achievements in the industry. A strong experience section can demonstrate the candidate's ability to effectively manage restaurant operations, lead a team, and drive business growth. It provides hiring managers with valuable insight into the candidate's past successes and their potential to excel in the role.
- Oversaw daily operations and management of a high-volume restaurant with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Managed and motivated a team of 30+ staff members to maintain efficiency and professionalism.
- Directed financial planning, budgeting, and inventory control to maximize profitability.
- Implemented and upheld quality standards for food preparation, presentation, and service.
- Developed and executed marketing strategies to attract new customers and retain loyal clientele.
- Handled customer complaints and concerns with diplomacy and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborated with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of high-quality ingredients and supplies.
- Trained and mentored new employees in company policies and procedures to uphold brand standards.
- Assisted in the development and execution of staff training programs to improve performance and productivity.
- Established and maintained positive relationships with local community members and organizations.
Restaurant General Manager resume education example
A Restaurant General Manager typically needs a bachelor's degree in business administration, hospitality management, or a related field. In addition, relevant work experience in the restaurant industry, including supervisory or management roles, is essential. Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills are also important for this position. Additional certifications or training in food safety and management may also be beneficial.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Restaurant General Manager resume:
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management, 2005
- Certified Food Manager, ABC Institute, 2010
- ServSafe Certification, National Restaurant Association, 2013
- Leadership Development Program, XYZ Company, 2018
Restaurant General Manager Skills for a Resume
It is important to add skills for a Restaurant General Manager resume to demonstrate the ability to effectively manage and oversee all aspects of restaurant operations. By highlighting specific skills such as leadership, communication, problem-solving, and financial management, candidates can show their qualifications and suitability for the role. Additionally, including relevant skills can help recruiters quickly identify the most qualified candidates for the position.
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Team building
- Time management
- Customer service
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict resolution
- Strategic planning
- Financial management
- Inventory control
- Menu development
- Cost analysis
- Staff scheduling
- Food safety regulations
- Waste management
- Supply chain management
- Vendor relations
- Point of Sale (POS) system maintenance
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Restaurant General Manager Resume
In this competitive job market, employers receive an average of 180 applications for each open position. To process these resumes, companies often rely on automated applicant tracking systems, which can sift through resumes and eliminate the least qualified applicants. If your resume is among the few that make it past these bots, it must still impress the recruiter or hiring manager. With so many applications coming in, recruiters typically give each resume only 5 seconds of their attention before deciding whether to discard it. Considering this, it's best to avoid including any distracting information on your application that could cause it to be thrown away. To help make sure your resume stands out, review the list below of what you should not include on your job application.
- Not including a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to explain why you are the best candidate for the job and why you want the position.
- Using too much jargon. Hiring managers do not want to read a resume full of technical terms that they do not understand.
- Omitting important details. Make sure to include your contact information, educational background, job history, and any relevant skills and experiences.
- Using a generic template. Take the time to customize your resume to the job you are applying for. This will show the employer that you are serious about the position.
- Spelling and grammar errors. Always double-check your resume for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammar errors.
- Focusing too much on duties. Make sure to include accomplishments and successes to show the employer that you are a great candidate.
- Including personal information. Avoid including any personal information such as age, marital status, or religious beliefs.
Key takeaways for a Restaurant General Manager resume
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team in a high-volume restaurant setting
- Demonstrated success in achieving and exceeding sales and profitability targets
- Strong knowledge of restaurant operations, including inventory management, staff training, and customer service
- Ability to create and execute strategic business plans to drive growth and improve overall performance
- Excellent communication and leadership skills to motivate and develop staff members
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations and ability to ensure compliance within the restaurant
- Proficient in using restaurant management software and other technology to streamline operations
- Possess strong problem-solving abilities and ability to handle challenging situations with a calm and professional demeanor
It's time to begin the job search. Make sure you put your best foot forward and land your next job with the help of Resumaker.ai.