Embark on your journey to a spotless career with our General Cleaner Resume Example article! Whether you're an experienced professional or stepping into the cleaning industry for the first time, our guide provides you with a tailor-made resume template and essential tips to help you shine. Make a lasting impression on potential employers and sweep your way to success with a resume that showcases your skills and dedication to cleanliness.
We will cover:
What does a General Cleaner do?
- Clean and tidy all designated areas, which may include offices, rooms, common areas, hallways, and restrooms, following prescribed protocols and schedules.
- Dust and polish furniture and fixtures to maintain a clean appearance.
- Vacuum and clean carpets, rugs, and draperies as needed.
- Sweep, scrub, mop, and polish floors using the appropriate tools and supplies.
- Empty trash receptacles, dispose of waste in a sanitary manner, and treat bins for odors.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, replenishing toiletries, and towels as necessary.
- Wash windows, glass partitions, and mirrors at prescribed frequencies, ensuring a streak-free finish.
- Monitor and report any necessary repairs or replacements observed during cleaning to the appropriate maintenance department or supervisor.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment and supplies are used safely and effectively, adhering to all safety protocols.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies, submitting purchase requests when necessary to avoid shortages.
- Custodial Supervisor Resume Sample
- Auto Mechanic Resume Sample
- Facility Supervisor Resume Sample
- Automotive Service Manager Resume Sample
- Janitorial Supervisor Resume Sample
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample
- Crew Chief Resume Sample
- Automation Technician Resume Sample
- Landscape Technician Resume Sample
- Irrigation Technician Resume Sample
- Carpet Technician Resume Sample
- Commercial Driver Resume Sample
- Hvac Technician Resume Sample
- Aircraft Mechanic Resume Sample
- Automotive Detailer Resume Sample
- Field Service Technician Resume Sample
- Parts Delivery Driver Resume Sample
- Aircraft Cleaner Resume Sample
- Carpenter Resume Sample
- Fire Alarm Technician Resume Sample
What are some responsibilities of a General Cleaner?
- Cleaning floors and surfaces using prescribed cleaning methods and equipment.
- Dusting, washing, and polishing furniture and fixtures.
- Emptying trash bins and disposing of trash and waste in accordance with the facility’s recycling or waste management protocols.
- Cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, showers, toilets, sinks, and countertops.
- Restocking restroom supplies such as toilet paper, hand soap, and towels.
- Cleaning windows, glass surfaces, and mirrors to a streak-free finish.
- Maintaining cleaning equipment, ensuring it is in good working order and reporting any malfunctions to supervisors.
- Vacuuming carpets, rugs, and upholstery if necessary.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, and occasionally polishing them when required.
- Following all health and safety regulations to ensure a safe work environment.
- Reporting any observed damage or repairs needed in the facility to the maintenance team or supervisors.
Sample General Cleaner Resume for Inspiration
Name: John Doe
Address: 123 Cleaning Avenue, Sparkle City, SC 45678
Phone: (123) 456-7890
John Doe is a dedicated and experienced General Cleaner with a proven track record in maintaining cleanliness and hygiene standards in diverse settings. With more than five years of industry experience, John takes pride in his meticulous attention to detail and his ability to efficiently manage cleaning tasks. He possesses a strong work ethic and is committed to providing top-notch cleaning services, ensuring that all environments are pristine and conducive to their respective activities.
- Lead General Cleaner – Shine Bright Cleaning Co., Sparkle City, SC
January 2020 - Present
- Supervised a team of cleaners, coordinating tasks to ensure timely completion of all cleaning duties.
- Conducted regular inspections to uphold standards of cleanliness and reported any maintenance issues.
- Trained new staff in cleaning protocols and safety procedures, enhancing team performance.
- General Cleaner – Clean & Clear Services, Sparkle City, SC
June 2015 - December 2019
- Performed routine cleaning tasks such as dusting, mopping, and vacuuming to maintain a hygienic environment.
- Managed inventory of cleaning supplies, placing orders when necessary to avoid disruptions.
- Assisted in deep cleaning projects and seasonal cleaning operations, achieving high customer satisfaction.
- High School Diploma – Sparkle City High School, Sparkle City, SC
Graduated: May 2015
- Expertise in cleaning techniques and sanitation standards
- Time management and task prioritization
- Team leadership and training abilities
- Proficiency with industrial cleaning equipment
- Adaptability to various environments and schedules
- Certified Professional Cleaner – Cleaning Management Institute
- OSHA Safety Certification for Cleaning Professionals
- English – Native proficiency
- Spanish – Conversational
Resume tips for General Cleaner
Creating a perfect, career-launching resume is no easy task. Following general writing rules can help, but it is also smart to get advice tailored to your specific job search. When you’re new to the employment world, you need General Cleaner resume tips.
We collected the best tips from seasoned General Cleaner - Check out their advice to not only make your writing process easier but also increase your chances of creating a resume that piques the interest of prospective employers.
- Highlight your attention to detail and ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Include any specialized cleaning skills or certifications, such as knowledge of environmentally-friendly cleaning practices or OSHA safety regulations.
- Detail your experience with various cleaning equipment and products, and your ability to maintain and troubleshoot them when necessary.
- Outline your time management skills and your ability to prioritize tasks to maintain high standards of cleanliness.
- Mention any customer service experience or interpersonal skills that enhance the client's experience or facilitate effective communication with team members.
General Cleaner Resume Summary Examples
A resume summary or objective for a General Cleaner position serves as a concise overview of your qualifications, experience, and career goals, tailored to the job you're applying for. It quickly informs potential employers about your relevant skills and past successes, setting the tone for the rest of your resume. Utilizing a strong summary or objective can capture the hiring manager's attention and increase your chances of getting noticed in a competitive job market.
- Proven track record in maintaining cleanliness and organization in high-traffic facilities, adhering to health codes.
- Efficient in various cleaning techniques; adept at operating cleaning machinery with a focus on safety and maintenance.
- Skilled at multitasking and time management, consistently meeting tight deadlines for cleaning tasks and projects.
- Strong ability to spot areas needing attention and proactively addressing cleaning needs without supervision.
- Commitment to excellent customer service, ensuring a welcoming and sanitary environment for clients and staff.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your General Cleaner Resume
A strong experience section in a resume for a General Cleaner highlights your practical skills and proficiency in various cleaning tasks, showcasing your reliability, attention to detail, and understanding of cleaning protocols. It builds trust with potential employers, demonstrating your capability in maintaining hygiene and cleanliness standards that are critical for the health and safety of any environment. This section reinforces your work history and supports your application for new cleaning roles, elevating your chances of employment.
- Managed daily cleaning and maintenance of office buildings, including dusting, vacuuming, and trash removal, ensuring a clean and organized environment for employees and clients.
- Performed deep cleaning tasks in high-traffic areas to maintain the highest level of sanitation, which reduced complaints by 30% over a six-month period.
- Operated industrial cleaning equipment such as floor scrubbers and carpet extractors effectively, leading to a 20% increase in cleaning efficiency.
- Implemented green cleaning practices, successfully reducing chemical usage by 25% without compromising quality.
- Delivered exceptional service by responding promptly to special cleaning requests and concerns from the facility management team.
- Coordinated with a team of 8 cleaners to execute daily cleaning schedules and periodic maintenance tasks, improving overall team productivity by 15%.
- Maintained inventory of cleaning supplies and materials, ensuring stock levels were sufficient for uninterrupted operation and reducing waste by 10%.
- Conducted routine inspections of premises to identify areas needing attention, leading to a proactive approach to maintenance that prevented larger issues.
- Assisted in the training and mentoring of new cleaner hires, sharing best practices and helping them adapt to the company's standards more quickly.
- Adhered to safety protocols and proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), sustaining an injury-free work record for over two years.
General Cleaner resume education example
A General Cleaner typically does not require formal education beyond a high school diploma or GED. Employers often provide on-the-job training to teach specific cleaning techniques and the use of various cleaning substances and equipment. Essential for this role are a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and the ability to follow instructions. Some employers may require certification in handling cleaning chemicals or specialized cleaning tasks.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a General Cleaner resume:
- High School Diploma, Springfield Community High School, Springfield, IL – 2009
- Certified Custodial Technician, Cleaning Management Institute – 2011
- OSHA Safety Training for General Industry – 2015
General Cleaner Skills for a Resume
Adding skills to a General Cleaner resume is important because it showcases the candidate’s ability to successfully perform cleaning and maintenance tasks. It highlights relevant expertise, differentiates the applicant from other candidates, and aligns with the job requirements. Employers seek individuals with specific skill sets that ensure efficiency, quality of work, and safety standards are met. Including cleaning-related skills helps to communicate competence and readiness for the role.
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Customer service
- Organization skills
- Dust Removal Techniques
- Chemical Handling Knowledge
- Waste Disposal Protocols
- Deep Cleaning Expertise
- Floor Care Proficiency
- Sanitization Procedures
- Equipment Operation Skills
- Window Washing Ability
- Inventory Management
- Pressure Washing Use
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a General Cleaner Resume
In this competitive job market, employers receive an average of 180 applications for each open position. To process these resumes, companies often rely on automated applicant tracking systems, which can sift through resumes and eliminate the least qualified applicants. If your resume is among the few that make it past these bots, it must still impress the recruiter or hiring manager. With so many applications coming in, recruiters typically give each resume only 5 seconds of their attention before deciding whether to discard it. Considering this, it's best to avoid including any distracting information on your application that could cause it to be thrown away. To help make sure your resume stands out, review the list below of what you should not include on your job application.
- Not including a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to explain why you are the best candidate for the job and why you want the position.
- Using too much jargon. Hiring managers do not want to read a resume full of technical terms that they do not understand.
- Omitting important details. Make sure to include your contact information, educational background, job history, and any relevant skills and experiences.
- Using a generic template. Take the time to customize your resume to the job you are applying for. This will show the employer that you are serious about the position.
- Spelling and grammar errors. Always double-check your resume for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammar errors.
- Focusing too much on duties. Make sure to include accomplishments and successes to show the employer that you are a great candidate.
- Including personal information. Avoid including any personal information such as age, marital status, or religious beliefs.
Key takeaways for a General Cleaner resume
- Solid knowledge of various cleaning methods and proper use of chemicals and supplies
- Proven experience in residential, commercial, or industrial cleaning environments
- Attention to detail and meticulous use of proper safety procedures
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently with minimal supervision
- Familiar with the operation and maintenance of cleaning equipment like vacuum cleaners, polishers, and buffers
- Physical stamina and dexterity necessary to perform repetitive tasks and handle heavy cleaning duties
- Good communication skills and ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- A track record of reliability, punctuality, and a strong work ethic
- Basic troubleshooting skills for simple maintenance issues
- Commitment to providing high-quality service and customer satisfaction
- Flexibility to adjust schedule for special events or emergency cleaning tasks
- Understanding of hygiene and sanitation regulations relevant to cleaning practices
- Experience in handling hazardous materials and awareness of health and safety standards
It's time to begin the job search. Make sure you put your best foot forward and land your next job with the help of Resumaker.ai.