This Janitorial Supervisor resume sample is a great tool for anyone looking to land a job in the janitorial field. It can help you understand the essential skills that employers are looking for and how to present them in an effective way. With the help of this article, you can create a resume that will help you stand out from the competition and get the job you have been aiming for.
We will cover:
What does a Janitorial Supervisor do?
A Janitorial Supervisor oversees the maintenance and cleaning operations of a facility or building. This includes ensuring that the janitorial staff is properly trained, assigning tasks, and monitoring performance. The supervisor also inspects the facility for any safety or health hazards, and ensures that all equipment is properly maintained. In addition, the Janitorial Supervisor may be responsible for scheduling and ordering supplies, supervising the budget, and resolving customer complaints.
- Collector Resume Sample
- Houseperson Resume Sample
- Landscape Technician Resume Sample
- Maintenance Specialist Resume Sample
- Service Technician Resume Sample
- Wastewater Operator Resume Sample
- Lab Technician Resume Sample
- Loader Resume Sample
- Aircraft Cleaner Resume Sample
- Diver Resume Sample
- Farmer Resume Sample
- Plumber Helper Resume Sample
- Gardener Resume Sample
- Day Porter Resume Sample
- Car Washer Resume Sample
- Craftsman Resume Sample
- Facility Technician Resume Sample
- Carpet Cleaner Resume Sample
- Phone Technician Resume Sample
- Pc Support Technician Resume Sample
What are some responsibilities of a Janitorial Supervisor?
- Supervise janitorial staff and coordinate their daily activities
- Maintain records of janitorial supplies and equipment
- Ensure safety practices are being followed by janitorial staff
- Train new janitorial staff on safety procedures and cleaning techniques
- Inspect buildings and identify any maintenance or cleaning needs
- Develop and implement janitorial schedules
- Manage janitorial budgets and order all necessary supplies
- Address any complaints from staff or customers
- Ensure proper disposal of hazardous waste
- Conduct regular performance reviews for janitorial staff
Sample Janitorial Supervisor Resume for Inspiration
Jan is an experienced and reliable Janitorial Supervisor with a passion for creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for clients and team members.
- Name: Jan Smith
- Phone: (555) 555-5555
- Email: email@example.com
- Janitorial Supervisor, ABC Company, Jan 2020 - Present
- Supervise a team of janitors to ensure they are meeting company standards of cleanliness and safety
- Develop and implement new cleaning procedures
- Schedule janitorial staff to ensure adequate coverage for all areas
- Maintain inventory of janitorial supplies and order new supplies when needed
- Janitor, XYZ Company, Jan 2018 - Dec 2019
- Performed daily janitorial tasks such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, and disinfecting
- Maintained and stocked janitorial supplies
- Reported any damages or maintenance issues to supervisor
- Followed safety rules and regulations when using chemicals and equipment
- High School Diploma, ABC High School, 2016
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- OSHA 10-Hour Certification
- First Aid Certification
- English (fluent)
Resume tips for Janitorial Supervisor
Creating a perfect, career-launching resume is no easy task. Following general writing rules can help, but it is also smart to get advice tailored to your specific job search. When you’re new to the employment world, you need Janitorial Supervisor resume tips.
We collected the best tips from seasoned Janitorial Supervisor - Check out their advice to not only make your writing process easier but also increase your chances of creating a resume that piques the interest of prospective employers.
- Include a professional summary that outlines your skills and qualifications for the position.
- Provide details of your experience in janitorial services, including specific tasks you have completed.
- Highlight your ability to manage personnel, budget, and other resources.
- Demonstrate your expertise in safety and health regulations.
- Include any relevant certifications or trainings you have completed.
Janitorial Supervisor Resume Summary Examples
A Janitorial Supervisor Resume Summary or Resume Objective can be used to help you focus your resume on the skills and experience you have that make you a great fit for the job. By providing a concise summary of your qualifications, you can give the hiring manager an easy to understand overview of your work history, skills, and qualifications. This can help you stand out from other applicants and make it easier for the hiring manager to quickly identify you as a potential candidate for the job.
- Experienced Janitorial Supervisor with 8 years of experience in facility management and sanitation. Skilled in training and leading custodial teams.
- Janitorial Supervisor with extensive knowledge of cleaning processes, materials and equipment. Effective at overseeing operations and managing staff.
- Highly organized Janitorial Supervisor with a talent for supervising and motivating custodial staff. Adept at multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Seasoned Janitorial Supervisor with a passion for creating a clean and sanitary environment. Proven ability to manage resources and personnel.
- Motivated Janitorial Supervisor with expertise in budgeting, scheduling and quality control. Successful at meeting deadlines and staying within budget.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Janitorial Supervisor Resume
A strong experience section for a janitorial supervisor resume is important to demonstrate to an employer that you have the necessary skills, knowledge, and qualifications to handle the position. It will also show that you are committed to the job and have experience in the field, as well as a track record of success. Additionally, it will demonstrate to employers that you can handle the duties and responsibilities of a janitorial supervisor and effectively manage a team of cleaners. A strong experience section can also help you stand out from the competition and increase your chances of being noticed and considered for the job.
- Successfully supervised and managed a team of 8 janitors, ensuring timely and accurate completion of daily duties.
- Developed and implemented daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules for all areas of the facility.
- Maintained and tracked janitorial supplies, ordering new items as necessary.
- Reported and documented any maintenance issues to appropriate channels.
- Trained and coached new janitorial staff on proper use of cleaning supplies, equipment and procedures.
- Inspected daily work of janitorial staff and provided feedback on job performance.
- Conducted regular safety meetings with janitorial staff to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Developed and maintained a clean and organized janitorial closet.
- Created and enforced rules and regulations for janitorial staff.
- Ensured compliance with all local, state and federal safety and health regulations.
Janitorial Supervisor resume education example
A janitorial supervisor typically needs either a high school diploma or an equivalent educational degree. If the supervisor is responsible for managing staff or financial resources, they may need additional training in business management or accounting. They may also need to be certified in hazardous materials handling or environmental safety regulations.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Janitorial Supervisor resume:
- Certificate in Supervisory Management, ABC Community College, 2021
- Diploma in Business Administration, XYZ University, 2019
- Certification in Janitorial Maintenance, ABC Institute, 2018
Janitorial Supervisor Skills for a Resume
Adding skills to a Janitorial Supervisor Resume is important because it helps employers quickly identify the qualifications and experience you can bring to the position. It also helps employers determine if you have the essential skills and knowledge needed to be successful in the role.
Examples of skills that may be important to include on a Janitorial Supervisor Resume include:
• Supervisory experience in a janitorial setting
• Knowledge of janitorial equipment and techniques
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage resources
• Understanding of safety and sanitation regulations
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Time management and organizational skills
• Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Team Building
- Cleaning Management
- Team Leadership
- Safety Protocols
- Inventory Control
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Equipment Operation
- Budget Planning
- Schedule Coordinating
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Janitorial Supervisor Resume
In this competitive job market, employers receive an average of 180 applications for each open position. To process these resumes, companies often rely on automated applicant tracking systems, which can sift through resumes and eliminate the least qualified applicants. If your resume is among the few that make it past these bots, it must still impress the recruiter or hiring manager. With so many applications coming in, recruiters typically give each resume only 5 seconds of their attention before deciding whether to discard it. Considering this, it's best to avoid including any distracting information on your application that could cause it to be thrown away. To help make sure your resume stands out, review the list below of what you should not include on your job application.
- Not including a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to explain why you are the best candidate for the job and why you want the position.
- Using too much jargon. Hiring managers do not want to read a resume full of technical terms that they do not understand.
- Omitting important details. Make sure to include your contact information, educational background, job history, and any relevant skills and experiences.
- Using a generic template. Take the time to customize your resume to the job you are applying for. This will show the employer that you are serious about the position.
- Spelling and grammar errors. Always double-check your resume for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammar errors.
- Focusing too much on duties. Make sure to include accomplishments and successes to show the employer that you are a great candidate.
- Including personal information. Avoid including any personal information such as age, marital status, or religious beliefs.
Key takeaways for a Janitorial Supervisor resume
- Highlight your experience in janitorial and supervisory roles.
- Showcase your knowledge of safety protocols and sanitation standards.
- Demonstrate your problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Point out your ability to manage a team of janitorial staff.
- Emphasize your experience with budgeting and scheduling.
- Mention your strong communication and customer service abilities.
It's time to begin the job search. Make sure you put your best foot forward and land your next postal service job with the help of Resumaker.ai.