Are you looking for a new job as a plumber helper? Do you need help writing a resume? If so, this article can provide you with a resume example and helpful tips. With the right resume, you can land the perfect job as a plumber helper. Keep reading to learn how to create a resume that will get you the job you want.
We will cover:
What does a Plumber Helper do?
A plumber helper is a person who assists a qualified plumber with various tasks such as installation and repair of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing equipment. These tasks may include assembling pipe sections, soldering pipes, and using hand tools such as wrenches and pliers. They may also assist with cleaning, draining, and repairing plumbing systems. They may also be responsible for purchasing and stocking supplies, and keeping records of work completed.
- Landscape Technician Resume Sample
- Electrical Technician Resume Sample
- Farmer Resume Sample
- Carpenter Resume Sample
- Computer Technician Resume Sample
- Gardener Resume Sample
- Aircraft Inspector Resume Sample
- Building Maintenance Resume Sample
- Zamboni Driver Resume Sample
- Field Worker Resume Sample
- Facility Manager Resume Sample
- Er Technician Resume Sample
- Commercial Driver Resume Sample
- Boiler Operator Resume Sample
- Carpet Cleaner Resume Sample
- Phone Technician Resume Sample
- Body Shop Estimator Resume Sample
- Auto Technician Resume Sample
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample
- Alarm Technician Resume Sample
What are some responsibilities of a Plumber Helper?
- Assist the plumber in all plumbing tasks
- Transport tools and materials to job sites
- Clean and maintain plumbing tools and equipment
- Follow instructions from the plumber
- Install pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing components
- Inspect and troubleshoot plumbing systems
- Perform basic repairs on plumbing systems
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
Sample Plumber Helper Resume for Inspiration
Address: 123 Main Street, Anytown, NC 12345
Phone: (123) 456-7890
John Doe is an experienced plumber helper with five years of experience in the plumbing industry. He has strong problem-solving skills and is able to work independently or as part of a team. He is reliable, efficient, and knowledgeable in a wide variety of plumbing techniques.
- Plumber Helper, ABC Plumbing, Anytown, NC (2015-2020)
- Provided general plumbing assistance for jobs of all sizes, from residential remodels to large commercial projects.
- Performed daily maintenance tasks such as pipe threading, soldering, and pipe bending.
- Assisted with installation of plumbing fixtures and appliances.
- Conducted tests to ensure plumbing systems were in working order.
- High School Diploma, Anytown High School, Anytown, NC (2012)
- Plumbing Certification, Anytown Technical Institute, Anytown, NC (2015)
- Pipe Threading
- Pipe Bending
- Plumbing Fixtures Installation
- Problem Solving
- Certified Plumber, Anytown Technical Institute, Anytown, NC (2015)
- English (fluent)
Resume tips for Plumber Helper
Creating a perfect, career-launching resume is no easy task. Following general writing rules can help, but it is also smart to get advice tailored to your specific job search. When you’re new to the employment world, you need Plumber Helper resume tips.
We collected the best tips from seasoned Plumber Helper - Check out their advice to not only make your writing process easier but also increase your chances of creating a resume that piques the interest of prospective employers.
- Highlight your technical skills and certifications, such as plumbing systems, gas lines, and water heaters.
- Include a list of the tools, equipment, and materials you have experience using.
- Include the details of any customer service or troubleshooting experience you have.
- Focus on the accomplishments you achieved in previous roles, such as cost-savings or improved efficiency.
- Mention any additional qualifications, such as a valid driver’s license or construction safety certificate.
Plumber Helper Resume Summary Examples
Using a Plumber Helper Resume Summary or Resume Objective shows employers why they should hire you over other applicants. It concisely outlines your most important work experiences, skills, and qualifications, allowing employers to decide quickly whether you are a good fit for the position. It can also provide a snapshot of your personality and work ethic, allowing employers to get a better understanding of who you are as a person. Ultimately, it helps you stand out from the crowd and increase your chances of getting an interview.
- Experienced plumber helper with over 3 years of professional experience. Skilled in installation, repair, and maintenance of plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Responsible plumber helper with strong knowledge of plumbing codes, materials, and tools. Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Motivated plumber helper with excellent problem-solving skills. Committed to providing quality service and timely completion of projects.
- Reliable plumber helper with excellent attention to detail. Adept at troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance of plumbing systems.
- Hardworking plumber helper with strong interpersonal skills. Experienced in working in a team environment as well as independently.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Plumber Helper Resume
A strong experience section on a plumber helper resume can help you stand out from your competition and increase your chances of getting hired. A well-crafted experience section will showcase your skills and accomplishments, as well as demonstrate your ability to handle the duties of a plumber helper. Additionally, listing your experience will show potential employers your commitment to the trade and your eagerness to learn and grow in the field. Employers will be impressed when they see that you have taken the time to build a solid experience section on your resume.
- Performed plumbing maintenance and repair work for a variety of commercial and residential customers.
- Assisted with the installation of pipes, fittings, and fixtures for water, drainage, and gas systems.
- Installed and repaired plumbing systems, including water, sewer, and drainage systems.
- Maintained and replaced plumbing fixtures such as sinks, toilets, showers, and bathtubs.
- Assisted plumbers with all aspects of plumbing repairs and installations.
- Provided customers with advice and assistance during the installation process.
- Inspected and tested plumbing systems to ensure proper operation.
- Followed safety protocols and applicable local codes when handling plumbing equipment.
- Operated power tools and equipment to complete plumbing projects.
- Cleaned and organized work areas to maintain a safe and efficient work environment.
Plumber Helper resume education example
Most plumbing helper jobs require a high school diploma or equivalent. Some employers may prefer candidates who have a certificate or degree in plumbing. Plumbing helpers may also need to obtain a plumber’s license, which requires passing an exam. Plumbers may learn their skills through apprenticeships or on-the-job training.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Plumber Helper resume:
- Completed a four-year plumbing apprenticeship with ABC Plumbing Company in June 2020.
- Received an Associate degree in Applied Science in Plumbing Technology from XYZ Technical College in 2019.
- Attended a three-month specialized training in plumbing skills from PQR Institute in 2018.
- Completed a six-month plumbing course from ABC Institute in 2017.
Plumber Helper Skills for a Resume
It is important to add skills for Plumber Helper Resume as it helps potential employers to understand what you can bring to the job and how you can contribute to their team. By emphasizing your relevant skills, you are showing that you have the experience and qualifications necessary to be successful in the role. This can make you stand out from other applicants and increase your chances of getting the job. Examples of skills that are beneficial to include in a Plumber Helper Resume include plumbing experience, knowledge of safety protocols, ability to lift heavy objects, and knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Manual Dexterity
- Safety Awareness
- Pipe Fitting
- Plumbing Repair
- Tub Installation
- Drain Cleaning
- Sewer Line Repair
- Gas Line Repair
- Fixture Installation
- Leak Detection
- Pipe Threading
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Plumber Helper Resume
In this competitive job market, employers receive an average of 180 applications for each open position. To process these resumes, companies often rely on automated applicant tracking systems, which can sift through resumes and eliminate the least qualified applicants. If your resume is among the few that make it past these bots, it must still impress the recruiter or hiring manager. With so many applications coming in, recruiters typically give each resume only 5 seconds of their attention before deciding whether to discard it. Considering this, it's best to avoid including any distracting information on your application that could cause it to be thrown away. To help make sure your resume stands out, review the list below of what you should not include on your job application.
- Not including a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to explain why you are the best candidate for the job and why you want the position.
- Using too much jargon. Hiring managers do not want to read a resume full of technical terms that they do not understand.
- Omitting important details. Make sure to include your contact information, educational background, job history, and any relevant skills and experiences.
- Using a generic template. Take the time to customize your resume to the job you are applying for. This will show the employer that you are serious about the position.
- Spelling and grammar errors. Always double-check your resume for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammar errors.
- Focusing too much on duties. Make sure to include accomplishments and successes to show the employer that you are a great candidate.
- Including personal information. Avoid including any personal information such as age, marital status, or religious beliefs.
Key takeaways for a Plumber Helper resume
- Highlight plumbing knowledge and skills
- Include relevant certifications or licenses
- Emphasize experience with plumbing tools and equipment
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment
- Detail physical strength and stamina
- Focus on safety protocols
- List any relevant customer service experience
It's time to begin the job search. Make sure you put your best foot forward and land your next postal service job with the help of Resumaker.ai.