If you are looking to work as a Fine Dining Server, you will need to demonstrate that you have the right skills and experience to provide excellent customer service. A well-written CV is essential to get the attention of potential employers. To help you write a successful CV, we have created a Fine Dining Server CV example which gives you a template to follow and advice on what to include.
We will cover:
What does a Fine Dining Server do?
A fine dining server is responsible for providing excellent customer service to guests dining in a fine dining restaurant. This includes greeting guests, taking orders, delivering food and drinks, answering questions about menu items, and providing exceptional service throughout the entire dining experience. They may also be responsible for checking that guests have enjoyed their meal, ensuring that all tables are set correctly and promptly, and providing customers with check-out and payment options.
- Housekeeping Aide CV Sample
- Food Service Worker CV Sample
- Restaurant Manager CV Sample
- Prep Cook CV Sample
- Pizza Delivery Driver CV Sample
- Expeditor CV Sample
- Executive Steward CV Sample
- Casino Host CV Sample
- Food Service Director CV Sample
- Busboy CV Sample
- Baker CV Sample
- Kitchen Manager CV Sample
- Food Service Manager CV Sample
- Caterer CV Sample
- Meat Clerk CV Sample
- Grill Cook CV Sample
- Food Service Assistant CV Sample
- Food Service Aide CV Sample
- Runner CV Sample
- Hostess CV Sample
What are some responsibilities of a Fine Dining Server?
- Greet and seat guests in a friendly and courteous manner
- Provide an enjoyable dining experience to guests by answering questions, making recommendations, and responding to requests
- Take orders and deliver food and beverages to guests in a timely manner
- Check guests’ identification to ensure they meet the legal drinking age
- Present guests with the check and accept payment
- Clear and reset dining area between seatings
- Ensure that the restaurant’s standards of quality and service are being met
- Maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance
- Follow all safety and sanitation regulations
Sample Fine Dining Server CV for Inspiration
- Name: John Doe
- Address: 123 Main Street, City, State, 12345
- Phone: (123) 456-7890
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Doe is an experienced Fine Dining Server with over 5 years of experience in the restaurant industry. He has a passion for providing excellent customer service and is knowledgeable in food and beverage pairing. He is also a certified Food Safety and Sanitation Manager.
- Fine Dining Server, ABC Restaurant, City, State – April 2015 to Present
- Provide high-end customer service and take food and beverage orders
- Ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the dining area
- Food Server, XYZ Restaurant, City, State – October 2013 to April 2015
- Provided prompt and courteous service to guests
- Assisted guests with menu selections and answered questions
- Kept the dining area clean and organized
- ABC University, City, State – Bachelor of Arts in English, 2013
- Customer service
- Food and beverage knowledge
- Time management
- Food Safety and Sanitation Manager, ABC Restaurant, 2019
- English (fluent)
- Spanish (conversational)
CV tips for Fine Dining Server
Crafting an impeccable CV that kickstarts your career is a challenging endeavor. While adhering to fundamental writing principles is beneficial, seeking guidance customized for your unique job pursuit is equally prudent. As a newcomer to the professional realm, you require Fine Dining Server CV pointers.
We've curated top-notch advice from experienced Fine Dining Server individuals. Explore their insights to streamline your writing journey and enhance the likelihood of fashioning a CV that captivates potential employers' attention.
- Highlight your customer service skills and experience
- Emphasize your knowledge of food and wine
- Mention any foreign languages you know
- Describe your experience with special events and catering
- Demonstrate your knowledge of restaurant etiquette and service standards
Fine Dining Server CV Summary Examples
A Fine Dining Server CV Summary or CV Objective is a great way to showcase your skills and experience in the hospitality industry. It is an excellent way to highlight the fine dining experience you have had and the great customer service you are capable of providing. It also provides the potential employer with a brief overview of what they can expect from you as an employee.
- Experienced Fine Dining Server with over 4 years in the hospitality industry. Skilled at providing excellent customer service, upselling and increasing table sales.
- Worked in various high-end restaurants, providing superior service to customers. Proficient in wine pairings, menu knowledge and resolving customer issues.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented Fine Dining Server. Possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Award-winning server with extensive experience in fine dining. Exceptional customer service abilities, troubleshooting and multitasking skills.
- Resourceful and detail-oriented Fine Dining Server. Expertise in upselling, customer service and resolving any customer issues. Dedicated to providing excellent service.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Fine Dining Server CV
Building a strong experience section for a fine dining server CV is important because it provides an employer with insight into your skills and experience in the field. It gives them a better understanding of the type of service you are capable of providing. It also allows you to highlight the specific roles and responsibilities you have held in past positions, which can go a long way in demonstrating your aptitude for the job. The more detailed and relevant the information in your experience section, the more likely an employer is to be impressed with your qualifications.
- Provided exceptional service to guests in a high-end restaurant.
- Greeted guests warmly and professionally, managed seating arrangements, and created an enjoyable dining experience.
- Delivered food and drinks promptly and accurately, while adhering to health and safety guidelines.
- Maintained extensive knowledge of menu items and specials, along with wine and beverage options.
- Anticipated and addressed customer needs and complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Processed payments accurately and efficiently.
- Operated a POS system and accepted reservations via telephone.
- Assisted with stocking and setting up of the restaurant for service.
- Worked well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Provided excellent customer service and highly knowledgeable in the hospitality industry.
Fine Dining Server CV education example
A Fine Dining Server should have a high school diploma or equivalent. They should also possess knowledge of restaurant policies, procedures, and safety regulations. Additionally, they should possess excellent customer service skills, have basic math skills, and be able to accurately take orders and process payments. They should also be knowledgeable about food and beverage items and be able to suggest items to customers. Lastly, they should have knowledge of wine and spirits to be able to make recommendations and suggest pairings.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Fine Dining Server CV:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Hospitality Management, University of New York, 2019
- Advanced Food and Beverage Service Training Certification, The American Hotel and Lodging Association, 2018
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification, National Restaurant Association, 2017
Fine Dining Server Skills for a CV
Adding skills to a Fine Dining Server CV is important because it helps employers quickly determine if the applicant has the qualities and abilities necessary to excel in the role. Skills should be listed as qualities that are relevant to the position, such as having a professional demeanor, excellent customer service, attention to detail, knowledge of food and drinks, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Examples of when the applicant used these skills in previous roles can also be included to illustrate their experience.
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Customer service
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Organizational skills
- Table Service
- Food Preparation
- POS Systems
- Cash handling
- Food Safety
- Menu Knowledge
- Customer Service
- Order Taking
- Alcohol Service
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Fine Dining Server CV
In today's competitive job market, an average of 180 applications floods employers' inboxes for each vacant position. To streamline this influx of CVs, companies frequently employ automated applicant tracking systems that weed out less qualified candidates. If your CV manages to surpass these digital gatekeepers, it must still captivate the attention of the recruiter or hiring manager. Given the sheer volume of applications, a mere 5 seconds is typically allocated to each CV before a decision is reached. With this in mind, it's crucial to eliminate any extraneous information that might relegate your application to the discard pile. To ensure your CV shines, consult the list below for elements to avoid including in your job application.
- Skipping the cover letter: A well-crafted cover letter is an opportunity to showcase your suitability for the role and express your enthusiasm for it.
- Excessive jargon: CVs laden with technical terms can alienate hiring managers who lack specialized knowledge.
- Neglecting vital details: Incorporate your contact information, education, work history, and pertinent skills and experiences.
- Relying on generic templates: Tailoring your CV to the specific job exhibits your commitment to the position and company.
- Errors in spelling and grammar: Proofreading is essential to eliminate typos, spelling errors, and grammatical blunders.
- Overemphasizing duties: Highlight accomplishments to underline your candidacy's value.
- Sharing personal information: Steer clear of revealing personal details like age, marital status, or religious affiliations.
Key takeaways for a Fine Dining Server CV
- Maintain a friendly, professional demeanor and appearance
- Experience in taking orders, serving food, and clearing tables
- Familiarity with wine and liquor varieties and pairings
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of food safety regulations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in POS systems
- Ability to work well with a team
Embark on your job search journey with confidence. Secure your next position by presenting your best self, all with the assistance of Resumaker.ai.