This article provides a well-structured example of a Digital Strategist's resume. If you are hoping to secure a position as a digital strategist but not sure how to optimally present your skills and experiences, look no further! We guide you through each section of the resume, providing tips to make your application standout for recruiters. This concise and compelling resume example is designed to inspire your own resume creation process and increase chances of success. Be ready for your job application by tailoring your own compelling resume following our suggestions.
We will cover:
What does a Digital Strategist do?
A digital strategist is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing marketing campaigns that promote a company and its products or services in the digital space. They play a major role in enhancing brand awareness within the digital sphere as well as driving website traffic and acquiring leads or customers. They identify and evaluate new digital technologies, use web analytics tools to measure the success of their campaigns, and can use SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and SEM (Search Engine Marketing) strategies to increase the company's online presence. They also provide strategic guidance to the marketing team to build more effective campaigns.
- Economic Analyst Resume Sample
- Freight Broker Resume Sample
- Experienced Field Sales Representative Resume Sample
- Crm Manager Resume Sample
- Director Of Development Resume Sample
- Sales Assistant Resume Sample
- Wine Sales Representative Resume Sample
- Inside Sales Executive Resume Sample
- Sales Consultant Resume Sample
- Sales Account Manager Resume Sample
- Franchise Manager Resume Sample
- Lead Generation Specialist Resume Sample
- Global Account Manager Resume Sample
- Buyer Resume Sample
- Channel Manager Resume Sample
- Ticket Seller Resume Sample
- Ecommerce Analyst Resume Sample
- Front Desk Manager Resume Sample
- Acquisition Specialist Resume Sample
- Advertising Sales Representative Resume Sample
What are some responsibilities of a Digital Strategist?
- Planning, developing, implementing and managing the overall digital marketing strategy.
- Managing, guiding and training digital marketers and other marketing positions in the team.
- Managing and overseeing different digital marketing channels.
- Measuring ROI and KPIs and preparing and managing digital marketing budget.
- Overseeing the company's social media accounts.
- Conducting market research and competitor analysis.
- Staying up-to-date with latest technology trends and applying them to marketing strategies.
- Working closely with sales and marketing department.
- Improving the user experience on the company’s website (includes design, content and usability).
- Collaborating with web designers to improve user experience.
- Maintaining partnerships with media agencies and vendors.
Sample Digital Strategist Resume for Inspiration
123 Main Street, Chicago, Illinois, 90001
Phone: +1 234 567 8910
John Doe is a highly skilled Digital Strategist with more than seven years of experience in the industry. He is knowledgeable in all aspects of digital marketing, including social media, SEO, and content management. He possesses strong analytical skills, designing and implementing digital strategies that drive customer engagement and growth. With strong communication skills and a passion for technology, John has a proven track record in boosting online presence and increasing overall brand performance.
- Digital Strategist, XYZ Corporation, Chicago, IL (2016-Present)
Lead the design and implementation of digital marketing strategies. Responsible for overseeing social media platforms and email marketing campaigns, driving traffic and customer engagement.
- Assistant Digital Strategist, ABC Company, Chicago, IL (2013-2016)
Assisted with the creation of digital marketing strategies and content management. Helped increase web traffic by 30% through SEO.
- Master’s Degree in Digital Marketing, University of Chicago, IL (2013)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, University of Illinois, IL (2011)
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media Management
- Google Analytics
- Content Management
- Project Management
- Certified Digital Marketing Professional (CDMP)
- Google Ads Certification
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ)
- English (Native)
- Spanish (Intermediate)
Resume tips for Digital Strategist
Creating a perfect, career-launching resume is no easy task. Following general writing rules can help, but it is also smart to get advice tailored to your specific job search. When you’re new to the employment world, you need Digital Strategist resume tips.
We collected the best tips from seasoned Digital Strategist - Check out their advice to not only make your writing process easier but also increase your chances of creating a resume that piques the interest of prospective employers.
- Highlight Relevant Skills: Your resume should include a strong list of your top skills in the field of digital strategy. This can include knowledge in SEO, SEM, social media, content marketing, and web analytics. These skills should be included in both the summary at the top of your resume and under each job experience.
- Include Metrics: Quantify your achievements whenever possible. For example, you might include details about a SEO campaign that improved website traffic by a certain percentage or a social media campaign that increased follower count and engagement rates.
- Emphasize Strategic Planning: As a digital strategist, it is crucial to show your ability to develop and execute strategic plans. Be sure to describe any campaigns you have led, highlighting the planning, execution, and results.
- Include Education and Training: Your resume should highlight any formal education or training in areas such as digital marketing, analytics or business strategy. If you have any certifications, such as Google Analytics or AdWords Certification, include these as well.
- Add Relevant Experience: Highlight your practical experience in the field of digital strategy. This includes roles as a digital strategist, but can also include related roles such as a digital marketing manager or analyst. Be sure to include specific duties and achievements in each role.
Digital Strategist Resume Summary Examples
A Digital Strategist's resume summary or resume objective is used to quickly highlight their most impressive skills and experiences to the employer. This section can make the reader interested in the rest of the application and is a great opportunity to immediately demonstrate the value one could bring to a company.
For individuals with a lot of experience, a resume summary is recommended as it allows for a brief overview of major career achievements. Resume objectives, however, are often better suited for individuals who are entry-level or aim to switch careers as it primarily focuses on skills and abilities rather than professional experiences. However, an objective shows your career goals and ambitions.
This section is crucial because it's usually the first thing an employer reads and decides whether or not to rove the rest of your resume. Hence, a strong summary or objective can greatly impact one's chance of obtaining a job.
For Example: 1.
- Seasoned Digital Strategist with 7 years in crafting meaningful digital marketing strategies for a reputed ad agency.
- Strong analytical abilities, an expert in data analysis with an impressive record of driving growth & optimization.
- Accomplished Digital Strategist with a decade of experience in the e-commerce industry.
- A certified Google Ads professional, adept in driving customer acquisition and enhancing brand visibility.
- Dynamic Digital Strategist with 5+ years of experience in leveraging social media platforms for brand promotion.
- Skilled in SEO, SEM, and Content Marketing, with proven results in driving website traffic.
- Creative Digital Strategist with specialization in inbound marketing and lead generation.
- Excellent skills in CRM tools, Email Marketing and Web Analytics, contributing to substantial business growth.
- Innovative Digital Strategist with an outstanding track record in developing successful online campaigns and strategies.
- Proficient in identifying market trends and utilizing digital channels effectively for achieving business goals.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Digital Strategist Resume
The experience section of a resume is the most important part as it showcases your professional history. For a digital strategist, this section is crucial because it highlights your strategy skills and your understanding of the digital landscape. Here are a few reasons to build a strong experience section for a Digital Strategist resume:
1. Showcase your expertise: The experience section allows you to showcase your in-depth knowledge and understanding about digital strategy. Listing the projects you worked on, the role you played, and their successful outcomes demonstrate your skills and abilities.
2. Proof of capabilities: Recruiters look for demonstrated abilities, not just claimed skills. The evidence lies in your past experiences.
3. Reflects your professional journey: It displays your career path, the roles you’ve played, the industries you’ve worked in, and the achievements that you've had.
4. Job requirement: Most employers require experience in digital strategy, SEO, marketing automation, email marketing, social media, or content marketing for this role.
5. Measure of success: Your achievements in the form of quantified outcomes illustrate your capacity to make a significant impact. This section allows potential employers to assess your proficiency in terms of strategic thinking, project management, and leadership.
6. Highlights transferable skills: It provides an opportunity to highlight transferable skills that are important for a digital strategist, such as problem-solving, collaboration, creativity, and adaptability.
7. Sets you apart from competitors: A well-crafted experience section that displays a variety of high-level skills and excellent results can set you apart from other candidates.
Therefore, time and effort should be put into making the experience section of a digital strategist's resume as strong and detailed as possible.
- Developed and implemented comprehensive digital strategies, resulting in an average of a 35% increase in client web traffic.
- Played a key role in a team that successfully managed a $2M digital marketing budget, allocating funds across various online channels to maximize ROI.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to establish and measure KPIs for various digital marketing campaigns, leading to data-informed decision making and adjustments.
- Conducted and presented competitive analysis and market trends to stakeholders, influencing the direction of digital marketing efforts.
- Spearheaded a comprehensive SEO strategy which led to a 40% increase in organic website traffic.
- Managed and optimized social media advertising efforts, increasing brand visibility and driving customer engagement by 50%.
- Led a digital transformation project, resulting in enhanced customer experience and a 30% increase in online sales.
- Coordinated with the content team to devise a content strategy, leading to a consistent brand message across all digital platforms.
- Successfully designed and executed email marketing campaigns, contributing to a 20% increase in lead generation.
- Conducted regular audits of digital marketing activities to ensure adherence to industry best practices, maintaining high-quality standards.
Digital Strategist resume education example
A Digital Strategist typically needs at least a bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, business administration, or a related field. Some may choose to earn a master's degree in these areas as well.
Moreover, they should have a strong background in digital marketing, online advertising, and social media strategies. Certifications in areas such as Google Analytics, SEO, or Content Marketing might be very beneficial.
Besides formal education, strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, creativity, and a deep understanding of the digital landscape and contemporary technology trends are also crucial in this role.
It should be noted that, while these are common educational pathways, there are many different routes into digital strategy, and some professionals may come from a range of academic disciplines or through self-directed learning and experience.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Digital Strategist resume:
- Bachelor of Science in Digital Communications, Stanford University, Stanford, CA - 2015 - 2019
- Certificate in Digital Marketing Strategy, Duke University, Durham, NC - 2019
- Master's in Business Administration with focus on Digital Strategy, Harvard Business School, Boston, MA - 2019 - 2021
Digital Strategist Skills for a Resume
Adding skills on a Digital Strategist Resume is important because it showcases your ability and competence in the role.
1. Relevant skills amplify your suitability for the job: It demonstrates to potential employers that you encompass the technical and practical abilities required in the digital strategy field.
2. Stand Out from Competitors: Including a comprehensive list of your skills can help differentiate you from other candidates who may have similar work experience.
3. ATS Friendly: Many modern organizations use Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to filter resumes. These systems often search for relevant skills and keywords, meaning a resume containing these skills is more likely to be seen by an actual human recruiter.
4. Matching Job Description: By tailoring your skills section to the specific requirements listed in the job description, you can illustrate to hiring managers that you have read and understood the role, and that you are capable of fulfilling these requirements.
5. Career Progress and Lifetime Learning: Lastly, sharing a varied skill set can indicate your growth in your previous roles and your commitment to keep learning in your field.
Therefore, listing targeted and relevant skills for the Digital Strategist role in your resume is crucial in a successful job application.
- Creative Problem-Solving
- Effective Communication
- Team Collaboration
- Decision Making
- Leadership Abilities
- Time Management
- Strategic Planning
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- Search Engine Optimization
- Google Analytics proficiency
- Content Management Systems
- Email Marketing Strategy
- Programmatic Advertising
- HTML/CSS coding
- Social Media Advertising
- PPC Campaign Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Web Design Abilities
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Digital Strategist Resume
In this competitive job market, employers receive an average of 180 applications for each open position. To process these resumes, companies often rely on automated applicant tracking systems, which can sift through resumes and eliminate the least qualified applicants. If your resume is among the few that make it past these bots, it must still impress the recruiter or hiring manager. With so many applications coming in, recruiters typically give each resume only 5 seconds of their attention before deciding whether to discard it. Considering this, it's best to avoid including any distracting information on your application that could cause it to be thrown away. To help make sure your resume stands out, review the list below of what you should not include on your job application.
- Not including a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to explain why you are the best candidate for the job and why you want the position.
- Using too much jargon. Hiring managers do not want to read a resume full of technical terms that they do not understand.
- Omitting important details. Make sure to include your contact information, educational background, job history, and any relevant skills and experiences.
- Using a generic template. Take the time to customize your resume to the job you are applying for. This will show the employer that you are serious about the position.
- Spelling and grammar errors. Always double-check your resume for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammar errors.
- Focusing too much on duties. Make sure to include accomplishments and successes to show the employer that you are a great candidate.
- Including personal information. Avoid including any personal information such as age, marital status, or religious beliefs.
Key takeaways for a Digital Strategist resume
- Clarity and conciseness are essential in a digital strategist resume. Avoid fluff and focus on concrete skills and experiences.
- Highlight any experience with digital marketing tools and platforms, including social media, SEO, SEM, email marketing, content management systems, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Showcase any certifications or training in related fields, such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, or Certified Digital Marketing Professional (CDMP).
- Include a section on your resume that highlights key achievements in your past roles, such as successful campaigns you've led or significant increases in web traffic or conversion rates you've achieved.
- Emphasize your analytical skills. A good digital strategist can glean insights from data and use that information to make strategic decisions.
- Highlight your skills in strategic thinking and planning. These are key parts of a digital strategist's role, as they involve understanding the current market landscape, identifying opportunities for growth, and developing a comprehensive strategy to achieve business goals.
- Include any experience in team leadership or project management. Digital strategists commonly need to collaborate with various teams or departments and lead projects from inception to completion.
It's time to begin the job search. Make sure you put your best foot forward and land your next postal service job with the help of Resumaker.ai.