Are you looking for a job in freight brokering? Our Freight Broker Resume Example can help you craft the perfect resume to showcase your qualifications and skills. This article provides a detailed guide to the sections that should be included in your resume, as well as advice on how to make each section stand out. Additionally, our example resume will give you an idea of what a good freight broker resume should look like.
We will cover:
What does a Freight Broker do?
A freight broker is a professional who acts as an intermediary between a shipper who has goods to transport and an authorized motor carrier who will provide the actual transportation service. The freight broker is responsible for arranging the pick-up, transport, and delivery of the goods. This includes negotiating rates, arranging for necessary insurance, and ensuring that all regulations and laws are followed.
- Public Relations Manager Resume Sample
- Experienced Sales Manager Resume Sample
- Content Manager Resume Sample
- Advertising Sales Manager Resume Sample
- Creative Director Resume Sample
- Advertising Director Resume Sample
- Experienced Product Manager Resume Sample
- Broker Assistant Resume Sample
- SEO Specialist Resume Sample
- Campus Recruiter Resume Sample
- Real Estate Manager Resume Sample
- Senior Vice President Resume Sample
- Director of Communications Resume Sample
- Acquisition Specialist Resume Sample
- Ecommerce Analyst Resume Sample
- Director Of Business Development Resume Sample
- Director Of Finance Resume Sample
- Advertising Coordinator Resume Sample
- Advertising Sales Executive Resume Sample
- General Manager Resume Sample
What are some responsibilities of a Freight Broker?
- Schedule pick-up and delivery times with carriers and shippers.
- Negotiate rates with carriers.
- Maintain records of shipments and delivery times.
- Resolve issues related to transportation or shipments.
- Research and evaluate carriers.
- Confirm freight availability and transport costs.
- Generate and send invoices to customers.
- Monitor shipments and provide updates to customers.
- Track shipments to ensure delivery by the required deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal regulations.
Sample Freight Broker Resume for Inspiration
Freight Broker Resume
Name: John Doe
Address: 123 Main Street, Anytown, CA 99999
Phone: (123) 456-7890
John Doe is an experienced Freight Broker with more than 10 years of experience in the field. He is knowledgeable in logistics, shipment tracking, and customer service. He is dedicated to providing the best service and finding the best solutions for his clients.
- Freight Broker, ABC Logistics, Anytown, CA (2010-present)
- Negotiate and secure best rates for customers
- Manage shipment tracking and ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain relationships with carriers and vendors
- Freight Broker, XYZ Logistics, Anytown, CA (2007-2010)
- Provided excellent customer service
- Negotiated contracts with carriers and vendors
- Developed new business opportunities
Bachelor of Science in Business, Anytown University, Anytown, CA (2005)
- Shipment Tracking
- Customer Service
- Vendor Relationships
Freight Broker License, State of California (2009)
Resume tips for Freight Broker
Creating a perfect, career-launching resume is no easy task. Following general writing rules can help, but it is also smart to get advice tailored to your specific job search. When you’re new to the employment world, you need Freight Broker resume tips.
We collected the best tips from seasoned Freight Broker - Check out their advice to not only make your writing process easier but also increase your chances of creating a resume that piques the interest of prospective employers.
- Highlight relevant freight broker experience and qualifications.
- Include a clear and concise summary of your qualifications.
- Include relevant industry keywords to ensure your resume is picked up by applicant tracking systems.
- Include any relevant certifications or licenses.
- Keep it concise and focused. The average hiring manager only spends a few seconds scanning a resume.
Freight Broker Resume Summary Examples
A freight broker resume summary or resume objective is important to include in your resume because it gives potential employers an overview of your skills, experience, and qualifications. It helps to demonstrate your knowledge of the freight broker industry and how you can benefit the company. Additionally, a freight broker resume summary or resume objective can set you apart from other applicants and increase your chances of being chosen for an interview.
- Experienced Freight Broker with 5+ years of experience in domestic and international freight transportation. Expertise in negotiating rates, coordinating shipments, and providing excellent customer service.
- A motivated professional with a strong background in freight brokering and logistics. Skilled in creating relationships with carriers and clients, effectively managing customer orders, and providing excellent customer service.
- Highly organized Freight Broker with 5+ years of experience in the industry. Knowledgeable in managing all aspects of freight transportation, including creating quotes, scheduling pickups, and tracking shipments.
- Detail-oriented Freight Broker with 8+ years of experience in the industry. Proven ability to manage clients, negotiate rates, and coordinate shipments while maintaining excellent customer relations.
- Resourceful Freight Broker with a solid understanding of shipping regulations and international trade. Experienced in building relationships with clients, carriers, and brokers. Skilled in providing cost-effective solutions.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Freight Broker Resume
A strong experience section on a freight broker resume is essential for job seekers looking to stand out to potential employers. Freight brokers are responsible for coordinating the transportation of goods, so employers want to be sure that applicants have the necessary skills and knowledge to handle the job. The experience section should highlight the skills and accomplishments that demonstrate a candidate’s ability to coordinate shipments, negotiate rates, and manage customer relationships. Additionally, it should showcase any awards or certifications that show a commitment to the industry. A strong experience section will help the applicant stand out and show employers that they are the right candidate for the job.
- Successfully negotiated contracts between the Brokerage and carriers.
- Developed and maintained strong relationships with customers.
- Inspected and monitored freight for damage and loss.
- Worked with carriers to ensure on-time delivery of goods.
- Developed and maintained strong relationships with carriers.
- Created and managed freight contracts with customers.
- Utilized transportation management software to track shipments.
- Resolved customer complaints concerning delivery issues.
- Evaluated customer needs to recommend cost-effective transportation solutions.
- Ensured compliance with Department of Transportation regulations.
Freight Broker resume education example
Freight brokers typically need a high school diploma or equivalent, and some employers may prefer candidates who hold a degree in business or logistics management. Those who are interested in becoming freight brokers can also choose to pursue relevant certifications, such as the Certified Transportation Broker (CTB) offered by the Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA).
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Freight Broker resume:
- Bachelor of Science in Logistics, ABC University, Anytown, USA - 2019
- Associate Degree in Transportation, XYZ College, Anytown, USA - 2016
- Certificate in Freight Brokerage, XYZ Technical College, Anytown, USA - 2014
- Certified Customs Broker, ABC International Trade Institute, Anytown, USA - 2011
Freight Broker Skills for a Resume
It is important to add skills for a Freight Broker Resume because it is a highly specialized job and employers are looking for candidates who possess the necessary qualifications and skill set to succeed in the role. Examples of skills that can be included are: strong communication and negotiation skills; excellent customer service skills; proficiency with logistics software; the ability to work independently and as part of a team; analytical and problem-solving skills; and knowledge of customs regulations and international shipping laws.
- Customer Service
- Sales Negotiation
- Logistics Planning
- Contract Negotiation
- Trucking Knowledge
- Freight Quoting
- Customer Service
- Transportation Management
- Account Management
- Documentation Preparation
- Supply Chain Management
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Freight Broker Resume
In this competitive job market, employers receive an average of 180 applications for each open position. To process these resumes, companies often rely on automated applicant tracking systems, which can sift through resumes and eliminate the least qualified applicants. If your resume is among the few that make it past these bots, it must still impress the recruiter or hiring manager. With so many applications coming in, recruiters typically give each resume only 5 seconds of their attention before deciding whether to discard it. Considering this, it's best to avoid including any distracting information on your application that could cause it to be thrown away. To help make sure your resume stands out, review the list below of what you should not include on your job application.
- Not including a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to explain why you are the best candidate for the job and why you want the position.
- Using too much jargon. Hiring managers do not want to read a resume full of technical terms that they do not understand.
- Omitting important details. Make sure to include your contact information, educational background, job history, and any relevant skills and experiences.
- Using a generic template. Take the time to customize your resume to the job you are applying for. This will show the employer that you are serious about the position.
- Spelling and grammar errors. Always double-check your resume for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammar errors.
- Focusing too much on duties. Make sure to include accomplishments and successes to show the employer that you are a great candidate.
- Including personal information. Avoid including any personal information such as age, marital status, or religious beliefs.
Key takeaways for a Freight Broker resume
- Highlight relevant skills such as communication, negotiation, and customer service
- Include experience working with freight carriers, brokers, and shippers
- Describe job duties related to scheduling, tracking, and invoicing
- Demonstrate knowledge of freight regulations and laws
- Provide evidence of successful shipment management and problem-solving
- Mention certifications and/or licensing obtained
- Highlight any awards, recognitions, or professional memberships
It's time to begin the job search. Make sure you put your best foot forward and land your next postal service job with the help of Resumaker.ai.