Welcome to our article highlighting an Accounts Payable Supervisor resume example. Here, you will find a comprehensive guide to writing a successful Accounts Payable Supervisor resume. We provide tips on how to highlight your skills and experience, as well as best practices for formatting your resume. By following our advice, you can take the first step towards landing the job of your dreams.
We will cover:
What does an Accounts Payable Supervisor do?
A Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and managing the accounts payable department in an organization. This includes processing invoices and payments, ensuring accuracy and compliance with company policies, resolving discrepancies with vendors, and providing reports on accounts payable activity. Additionally, the Accounts Payable Supervisor may be responsible for training and supervising accounts payable staff, as well as developing and implementing improvement initiatives.
- Financial Project Manager Resume Sample
- Actuary Resume Sample
- Cash Manager Resume Sample
- Finance Consultant Resume Sample
- Account Analyst Resume Sample
- Credit Specialist Resume Sample
- Actuarial Analyst Resume Sample
- Account Administrator Resume Sample
- Billing Manager Resume Sample
- Aml Analyst Resume Sample
- Pricing Specialist Resume Sample
- Risk Management Specialist Resume Sample
- Fraud Analyst Resume Sample
- Claim Specialist Resume Sample
- Finance Manager Resume Sample
- Accounting Analyst Resume Sample
- Accounting Auditor Resume Sample
- Budget Analyst Resume Sample
- Finance Controller Resume Sample
- Finance Executive Resume Sample
What are some responsibilities of an Accounts Payable Supervisor?
- Manage accounts payable staff and processes.
- Review and approve all invoices for payment.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain and update accounts payable records.
- Process payments in a timely manner.
- Ensure accuracy of invoices and other documents.
- Respond to inquiries from vendors and internal customers.
- Prepare monthly reports for accounts payable activities.
- Audit accounts payable transactions for accuracy.
- Assist with the annual budget process.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Sample Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume for Inspiration
- Name: Jane Doe
- Address: 123 Main Street, Anytown, USA
- Phone: (123) 456-7890
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary: Jane Doe is an experienced Accounts Payable Supervisor with over 10 years of experience in the accounting field. She has extensive knowledge in accounts payable operations, financial reconciliation and analysis, and expertise in overseeing the day-to-day accounts payable activities. Jane has a commitment to excellence and is a highly organized individual with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Accounts Payable Supervisor, ABC Company, Anytown, USA, 2017 - Present
- Manage the accounts payable department and supervise a team of accountants
- Ensure accuracy of accounts payable invoices and process payments in a timely manner
- Review vendor contracts and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Analyze accounts payable discrepancies, reconcile accounts, and resolve issues
- Generate and analyze monthly accounts payable reports
- Accounts Payable Clerk, XYZ Company, Anytown, USA, 2010 - 2017
- Processed accounts payable invoices, payments, and reconciliation
- Reviewed and verified vendor invoices for accuracy
- Communicated with vendors to resolve discrepancies and payment issues
- Maintained accurate accounts payable records
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Anytown University, Anytown, USA, 2010
- Accounts Payable Reconciliation
- Financial Analysis
- Vendor Relations
- Problem Solving
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP)
- English (Fluent)
Resume tips for Accounts Payable Supervisor
Creating a perfect, career-launching resume is no easy task. Following general writing rules can help, but it is also smart to get advice tailored to your specific job search. When you’re new to the employment world, you need Accounts Payable Supervisor resume tips.
We collected the best tips from seasoned Accounts Payable Supervisor - Check out their advice to not only make your writing process easier but also increase your chances of creating a resume that piques the interest of prospective employers.
- Highlight your experience in accounting and financial management.
- Demonstrate your ability to manage budgets, reconcile accounts, and maintain accuracy.
- Showcase your skills in problem-solving and decision-making.
- Provide examples of how you have increased efficiency or saved costs.
- Include any relevant certifications or qualifications.
Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Summary Examples
A resume summary or objective statement for an Accounts Payable Supervisor role should be used to demonstrate your qualifications, experience, and skills to potential employers. It should draw attention to your ability to effectively manage accounts payable processes, lead teams, and provide excellent customer service. It should also showcase your commitment to accuracy and financial integrity, as well as your technical and problem-solving skills. By including an Accounts Payable Supervisor resume summary or objective statement, you can help employers quickly and easily assess your suitability for the role.
- Experienced Accounts Payable Supervisor with 5+ years in finance and accounting. Skilled in streamlining processes and ensuring accuracy.
- Accounts Payable Supervisor with 10+ years in the finance industry. Expert in training and developing staff, problem-solving, and cost-saving techniques.
- Accounts Payable Supervisor with 7+ years of experience in financial management. Effective leader with a proven track record of reducing costs and improving efficiency.
- Highly organized Accounts Payable Supervisor with 5+ years of expertise. Exceptional knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Dynamic Accounts Payable Supervisor with 8+ years of experience in financial operations. Skilled in managing large volumes of accounts and resolving complex issues.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume
Building a strong experience section for a Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume will show employers that you have the necessary qualifications and skills to be successful in the role. It will also demonstrate that you are a reliable and experienced professional who can manage a department's financial operations. A strong experience section will also highlight the key accomplishments you have achieved in the past, such as establishing processes and procedures to improve efficiency, reducing costs, and leading a team. These are all valuable skills that employers look for in a successful Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- Managed Accounts Payable staff of four in processing over 10,000 invoices per month.
- Developed and implemented processes and procedures to ensure timely payment of vendor invoices.
- Reviewed and approved all invoices for accuracy and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Analyzed and resolved issues associated with payment of invoices.
- Reconciled vendor statements to ensure accuracy of payments.
- Established and maintained strong relationships with vendors to ensure timely payments.
- Designed and implemented a workflow system to streamline the processing of invoices.
- Monitored and updated accounts payable information in the company’s financial system.
- Prepared and reviewed monthly financial reports related to accounts payable.
- Assisted with the annual audit of accounts payable.
Accounts Payable Supervisor resume education example
A Accounts Payable Supervisor typically needs a minimum of a bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field, and experience in accounting and/or finance. They also need to be familiar with accounting software, have excellent organizational and communication skills, be able to handle multiple tasks, and be comfortable working with large sums of money. Additionally, Accounts Payable Supervisors should possess strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to work independently.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Accounts Payable Supervisor resume:
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, 2019
- Associate of Applied Science in Accounting, Central New Mexico Community College, Albuquerque, NM, 2015
Accounts Payable Supervisor Skills for a Resume
Adding skills to your Accounts Payable Supervisor resume is important because it provides a list of qualifications that employers can quickly assess when reviewing your job application. Skills indicate your abilities, competencies, and qualifications that are relevant to the position. Examples of key skills for an Accounts Payable Supervisor include management, problem-solving, communication, attention to detail, organizational skills, and customer service. Listing these skills provides employers with an understanding of how you can contribute to the company.
- Analytical Thinking
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Conflict Resolution
- Financial Analysis
- Data Entry
- Payroll Processing
- Account Reconciliation
- Vendor Management
- ERP Systems
- Tax Preparation
- Risk Management
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing an Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume
In this competitive job market, employers receive an average of 180 applications for each open position. To process these resumes, companies often rely on automated applicant tracking systems, which can sift through resumes and eliminate the least qualified applicants. If your resume is among the few that make it past these bots, it must still impress the recruiter or hiring manager. With so many applications coming in, recruiters typically give each resume only 5 seconds of their attention before deciding whether to discard it. Considering this, it's best to avoid including any distracting information on your application that could cause it to be thrown away. To help make sure your resume stands out, review the list below of what you should not include on your job application.
- Not including a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to explain why you are the best candidate for the job and why you want the position.
- Using too much jargon. Hiring managers do not want to read a resume full of technical terms that they do not understand.
- Omitting important details. Make sure to include your contact information, educational background, job history, and any relevant skills and experiences.
- Using a generic template. Take the time to customize your resume to the job you are applying for. This will show the employer that you are serious about the position.
- Spelling and grammar errors. Always double-check your resume for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammar errors.
- Focusing too much on duties. Make sure to include accomplishments and successes to show the employer that you are a great candidate.
- Including personal information. Avoid including any personal information such as age, marital status, or religious beliefs.
Key takeaways for a Accounts Payable Supervisor resume
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and best practices
- In-depth knowledge of accounts payable processes and procedures
- Expertise in utilizing accounting software and ERP systems
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Ability to develop and implement process improvements to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and staying within budget
It's time to begin the job search. Make sure you put your best foot forward and land your next postal service job with the help of Resumaker.ai.