Are you looking for an experienced and capable Office Manager to help lead your team? This Office Manager CV Example is designed to show you the type of qualifications and experience that could help you land the job you're looking for. It will give you a glimpse of the kind of skills and abilities an Office Manager should possess and how to highlight them in a CV.
We will cover:
What does an Office Manager do?
A Office Manager is responsible for a wide range of administrative and managerial duties in an office setting. They may be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the office, managing staff, preparing reports, scheduling meetings, and handling customer inquiries. Additionally, they may be responsible for planning and organizing events, managing budgets, purchasing supplies, and maintaining records.
- Administrative Clerk CV Sample
- Billing Clerk CV Sample
- Bookkeeper CV Sample
- Data Entry Clerk CV Sample
- Executive Assistant CV Sample
- File Clerk CV Sample
- Front Desk Coordinator CV Sample
- Front Desk Receptionist CV Sample
- Human Resources Assistant CV Sample
- Mail Clerk CV Sample
- Office Assistant CV Sample
- Office Clerk CV Sample
- Office Coordinator CV Sample
- Office Manager CV Sample
- Purchasing Assistant CV Sample
- Records Clerk CV Sample
- Receptionist CV Sample
- Scheduler CV Sample
- Secretary CV Sample
- Shipping Clerk CV Sample
What are some responsibilities of an Office Manager?
- Manage office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored.
- Design and implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards, and making necessary adjustments.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Ensure the operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain office staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Provide financial and administrative support by administering payroll, invoicing, and other financial procedures.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Sample Office Manager CV for Inspiration
Name: Sarah Wright
Address: 11 South Street, London, SW1 8TL
Telephone: 020 7123 4567
Sarah is an experienced and dedicated Office Manager, with extensive skills in managing administrative operations. She is highly organised and efficient, with a strong eye for detail and the ability to multitask. Sarah is also a team player, and enjoys working with colleagues to ensure the smooth running of the office.
- Office Manager, B&S Services, London (2016-Present)
- Manage day to day administrative operations of the office.
- Organise meetings with clients and colleagues, and take minutes.
- Ensure the office is running smoothly and efficiently.
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors.
- Administrative Assistant, Deloitte, London (2013-2016)
- Provided administrative support to the team.
- Organised and coordinated meetings.
- Maintained office supplies and inventory.
BA (Hons) Business Administration, University of London, 2012-2013.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
Office Manager Certification, Chartered Institute of Management, 2018.
English (native), French (conversational).
CV tips for Office Manager
Crafting an impeccable CV that kickstarts your career is a challenging endeavor. While adhering to fundamental writing principles is beneficial, seeking guidance customized for your unique job pursuit is equally prudent. As a newcomer to the professional realm, you require Office Manager CV pointers.
We've curated top-notch advice from experienced Office Manager individuals. Explore their insights to streamline your writing journey and enhance the likelihood of fashioning a CV that captivates potential employers' attention.
- Highlight your experience with office management software, such as Microsoft Office, Office 365, etc.
- Include any relevant certifications or qualifications related to office management.
- Demonstrate your ability to manage a wide variety of tasks and prioritize them in an efficient manner.
- Mention any experience you have with budgeting, scheduling, or other financial duties.
- Highlight your interpersonal skills, such as problem-solving, communication, and teamwork.
Office Manager CV Summary Examples
A CV Summary or CV Objective statement is a great way to quickly introduce yourself to potential employers and highlight the relevant skills and experience that make you a great candidate for the position. It is important to tailor your summary or objective to the specific job you are applying for, so that employers can quickly and easily identify the value you can bring to their organization. A well-written summary or objective can make a compelling first impression and help you stand out from the competition.
- Detail-oriented office manager with 6+ years of experience in managing office operations and providing administrative support.
- Successfully managed office operations, staff payroll, and customer relations.
- Efficiently managed office accounts, budgeting, and bookkeeping.
- Proven track record of optimizing workflow and streamlining processes to maximize efficiency.
- Skilled in problem solving, multitasking, and communicating with clients.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Office Manager CV
Having a strong experience section in a CV for an office manager is important for two main reasons:
1. It demonstrates the skills and experience the office manager has acquired over the years. A strong experience section will highlight the office manager’s ability to manage tasks, lead teams, and handle various day-to-day operations.
2. It also shows potential employers that the office manager is organized and can handle different responsibilities. By including details such as job titles, companies, and dates of employment, employers can quickly see the office manager has the necessary experience for the job.
Overall, a strong experience section in a CV for an office manager can help to make a great first impression and increase the chances of being offered the job.
- Developed and implemented office procedures, processes and best practices.
- Oversaw and coordinated office operations and procedures, such as records management and filing systems.
- Managed office supplies and vendor relationships to ensure cost efficiency.
- Maintained and updated office policies and procedures.
- Coordinated all office administrative processes and procedures, including accounts receivable and payable.
- Organized corporate travel arrangements and corporate event planning.
- Managed and maintained all office equipment.
- Developed and implemented systems to streamline and improve office operations.
- Provided administrative support to executive staff and other departments.
- Managed and monitored all office budgets and expenditures.
Office Manager CV education example
A Office Manager typically needs a minimum of a bachelor's degree in business or a related field. Additional courses in computer science, accounting, and other management-related topics may also be helpful. Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential for success in this role.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Office Manager CV:
- Bachelor of Science in Management, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, 2012
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration, Santa Monica College, CA, 2010
- Certificate in Office Management, UCLA Extension, Los Angeles, CA, 2011
Office Manager Skills for a CV
It is important to add skills for an Office Manager CV to showcase the necessary capabilities and experience to be successful in the role. Skills that should be included are organization, multitasking, communication, problem solving, customer service, leadership, and computer proficiency. Examples of how you have demonstrated these skills in previous roles should be included in the body of the CV, not as a separate section.
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Leadership Skills
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Decision Making
- Conflict Resolution
- Team Management
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Computer Literacy
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Report Writing
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing an Office Manager CV
In today's competitive job market, an average of 180 applications floods employers' inboxes for each vacant position. To streamline this influx of CVs, companies frequently employ automated applicant tracking systems that weed out less qualified candidates. If your CV manages to surpass these digital gatekeepers, it must still captivate the attention of the recruiter or hiring manager. Given the sheer volume of applications, a mere 5 seconds is typically allocated to each CV before a decision is reached. With this in mind, it's crucial to eliminate any extraneous information that might relegate your application to the discard pile. To ensure your CV shines, consult the list below for elements to avoid including in your job application.
- Skipping the cover letter: A well-crafted cover letter is an opportunity to showcase your suitability for the role and express your enthusiasm for it.
- Excessive jargon: CVs laden with technical terms can alienate hiring managers who lack specialized knowledge.
- Neglecting vital details: Incorporate your contact information, education, work history, and pertinent skills and experiences.
- Relying on generic templates: Tailoring your CV to the specific job exhibits your commitment to the position and company.
- Errors in spelling and grammar: Proofreading is essential to eliminate typos, spelling errors, and grammatical blunders.
- Overemphasizing duties: Highlight accomplishments to underline your candidacy's value.
- Sharing personal information: Steer clear of revealing personal details like age, marital status, or religious affiliations.
Key takeaways for a Office Manager CV
- Assertive and organized attitude
- Demonstrated ability to manage personnel and resources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of office management principles and procedures
- Proficient with modern office equipment and software
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
Embark on your job search journey with confidence. Secure your next position by presenting your best self, all with the assistance of Resumaker.ai.