This Office Administrative Assistant CV Example provides a great overview of the kind of skills, experience, and qualifications employers are looking for when hiring an administrative assistant. It will also provide a structure and format to help you organize your own professional career summary. With the help of this article, you will gain insight into the type of information you should include in your CV, as well as the best way to present it.
We will cover:
What does an Office Administrative Assistant do?
An Office Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks to support the day-to-day operations of an office. This may include answering phones, filing, data entry, scheduling appointments, managing calendars, ordering supplies, preparing reports, and preparing correspondence. They may also be responsible for supervising other clerical staff and providing general customer service.
- Corporate Receptionist CV Sample
- Records Clerk CV Sample
- Admin CV Sample
- Clerical Associate CV Sample
- Human Resource Assistant CV Sample
- Front Desk Coordinator CV Sample
- HR Administrative Assistant CV Sample
- Inventory Specialist CV Sample
- Senior Clerk CV Sample
- Warranty Administrator CV Sample
- Data Entry Clerk CV Sample
- Data Entry Operator CV Sample
- Purchasing Assistant CV Sample
- Project Administrator CV Sample
- Executive Secretary CV Sample
- Fleet Administrator CV Sample
- Change Analyst CV Sample
- Hris Analyst CV Sample
- Medical Administrative Assistant CV Sample
- Travel Coordinator CV Sample
What are some responsibilities of an Office Administrative Assistant?
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to management
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Perform data entry and scan documents
- Manage calendar for Managing Director
- Maintain office supplies for department
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Provide general customer service
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors
Sample Office Administrative Assistant CV for Inspiration
123 Main Street, Anytown, USA 12345 | 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
John is an experienced Office Administrative Assistant with over 8 years of experience. He has a proven track record of providing excellent organizational and customer support services, with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail. John is a self-motivated, organized, and reliable individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Office Administrative Assistant, ABC Company, Anytown, USA, 2016-present
- Assisted in the day-to-day operations of the office, including filing, phone calls, and emails.
- Managed the front desk, greeting guests and visitors.
- Organized and maintained office supplies, equipment, and documents.
- Office Manager, XYZ Company, Anytown, USA, 2012-2015
- Provided administrative support to executives and staff.
- Managed office systems, including filing and data entry.
- Coordinated office operations and maintenance of equipment.
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Anytown University, Anytown, USA, 2011
- Office Administration
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Microsoft Office
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) – International Association of Administrative Professionals, 2017
- English (native)
- Spanish (conversational)
CV tips for Office Administrative Assistant
Crafting an impeccable CV that kickstarts your career is a challenging endeavor. While adhering to fundamental writing principles is beneficial, seeking guidance customized for your unique job pursuit is equally prudent. As a newcomer to the professional realm, you require Office Administrative Assistant CV pointers.
We've curated top-notch advice from experienced Office Administrative Assistant individuals. Explore their insights to streamline your writing journey and enhance the likelihood of fashioning a CV that captivates potential employers' attention.
- Highlight your administrative experience and skills in a professional summary.
- Include relevant keywords in your resume such as “office management”, “administrative assistant” and “customer service”.
- Provide tangible evidence of your achievements such as reduced costs or increased efficiency.
- Demonstrate your ability to stay organized, multitask and prioritize.
- Include relevant computer skills such as Microsoft Office Suite.
Office Administrative Assistant CV Summary Examples
CV Summaries and CV Objectives are both important elements of a winning Office Administrative Assistant resume. A CV Summary is a great way to highlight the most important aspects of your experience and skills in a concise and easy-to-read format. It should focus on your strongest qualifications and demonstrate why you are the best candidate for the job. On the other hand, a CV Objective is a great way to give recruiters a clear idea of your career goals and how you can contribute to the company. It is also a great way to make your resume stand out from other applicants. Both summaries and objectives can help you stand out from the competition and give you the best chance of landing the job.
- Experienced Office Administrative Assistant with over 8 years of experience in providing administrative support in busy office environments.
- Organized Office Administrative Assistant with excellent multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks efficiently.
- Detail-oriented Office Administrative Assistant with a proven track record of managing and completing projects effectively.
- Motivated Office Administrative Assistant with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
- Energetic Office Administrative Assistant with knowledge of a wide range of office software and a passion for helping people succeed.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Office Administrative Assistant CV
Building a strong experience section for an office administrative assistant CV is important for showcasing your qualifications and skills to potential employers. It gives employers a good idea of what you can offer in terms of experience and qualifications, as well as your work ethic. A strong experience section also allows employers to quickly identify your key skills and qualifications, which can help them decide if you are the right fit for the position. Additionally, employers may use the experience section as a way to identify candidates who are able to handle the duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Successfully managed a wide range of administrative tasks, such as scheduling appointments, updating records, filing, and data entry.
- Worked with senior management to coordinate projects and events.
- Assisted in the preparation of presentations, reports, and other materials for meetings.
- Prepared and distributed correspondence, memos, and other documents.
- Compiled and maintained records of business transactions and office activities.
- Answered and screened incoming phone calls, providing accurate information and responding to inquiries.
- Greeted visitors and directed them to the appropriate offices.
- Managed and maintained office supplies, equipment, and inventory.
- Maintained filing systems, both paper and electronic.
- Provided administrative support to other departments, as needed.
Office Administrative Assistant CV education example
Office Administrative Assistants typically need at least a high school diploma or GED. Some employers may also require additional training or certification in specific software programs, such as Microsoft Office, or other administrative skills.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Office Administrative Assistant CV:
- Associate of Arts Degree, Business Administration, ABC College, 2017
- Certificate in Office Administration, XYZ Technical Institute, 2015
- Certificate in Microsoft Office Suite, ABC Technical Institute, 2015
- Certificate in Business Writing, XYZ University, 2014
Office Administrative Assistant Skills for a CV
It is important to add skills for Office Administrative Assistant CV because it helps employers quickly evaluate whether the candidate has the necessary qualifications for the role. Skills provide a snapshot of a candidate’s abilities and help employers determine whether the candidate would be a good fit for the position. Examples of skills that can be included are communication, organization, problem-solving, customer service, and computer proficiency.
- Time Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Microsoft Office
- Data Entry
- Calendar Management
- Document Preparation
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing an Office Administrative Assistant CV
In today's competitive job market, an average of 180 applications floods employers' inboxes for each vacant position. To streamline this influx of CVs, companies frequently employ automated applicant tracking systems that weed out less qualified candidates. If your CV manages to surpass these digital gatekeepers, it must still captivate the attention of the recruiter or hiring manager. Given the sheer volume of applications, a mere 5 seconds is typically allocated to each CV before a decision is reached. With this in mind, it's crucial to eliminate any extraneous information that might relegate your application to the discard pile. To ensure your CV shines, consult the list below for elements to avoid including in your job application.
- Skipping the cover letter: A well-crafted cover letter is an opportunity to showcase your suitability for the role and express your enthusiasm for it.
- Excessive jargon: CVs laden with technical terms can alienate hiring managers who lack specialized knowledge.
- Neglecting vital details: Incorporate your contact information, education, work history, and pertinent skills and experiences.
- Relying on generic templates: Tailoring your CV to the specific job exhibits your commitment to the position and company.
- Errors in spelling and grammar: Proofreading is essential to eliminate typos, spelling errors, and grammatical blunders.
- Overemphasizing duties: Highlight accomplishments to underline your candidacy's value.
- Sharing personal information: Steer clear of revealing personal details like age, marital status, or religious affiliations.
Key takeaways for a Office Administrative Assistant CV
- Highlight relevant administrative experience.
- Include your knowledge of computer applications.
- Demonstrate organizational and communication skills.
- Highlight any certifications or additional training.
- Showcase attention to detail.
- Include any relevant awards or recognition.
- Emphasize multitasking and problem-solving capabilities.
Embark on your job search journey with confidence. Secure your next position by presenting your best self, all with the assistance of Resumaker.ai.