This Front Of House Manager CV Example offers a clear and concise outline of the qualifications and experience needed for a successful job search. It can be used as a guide to create a well-structured and effective CV that will capture the attention of potential employers. The article also provides helpful tips and tricks to ensure that applicants make the most of their experience and qualifications to stand out in the job market.
We will cover:
What does a Front Of House Manager do?
A Front Of House Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of a restaurant, bar, or other hospitality business. They are responsible for overseeing customer service, staffing, maintenance, and financial management. They also ensure that the customer's experience is top-notch and that the business is running smoothly. They are also responsible for training and supervising staff, ensuring that health and safety regulations are adhered to, and maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Head Cook CV Sample
- Prep Cook CV Sample
- Fast Food Manager CV Sample
- Sushi Chef CV Sample
- Barista CV Sample
- Food Service Manager CV Sample
- Chef CV Sample
- Kitchen Staff CV Sample
- Restaurant Manager CV Sample
- Expeditor CV Sample
- Bartender CV Sample
- Restaurant Worker CV Sample
- Executive Steward CV Sample
- Kitchen Manager CV Sample
- Runner CV Sample
- Dog Bather CV Sample
- Food Service Assistant CV Sample
- Caterer CV Sample
- Baker CV Sample
- Groomer CV Sample
What are some responsibilities of a Front Of House Manager?
- Greet guests and customers upon arrival and ensure a positive experience
- Monitor guest and customer satisfaction and respond to feedback and complaints
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of front-of-house staff including servers, bartenders, hosts, and bussers
- Oversee the daily operations of the front-of-house area including seating, menu presentation, and general cleanliness
- Ensure staff adheres to safety and health regulations and procedures
- Manage inventory and order supplies as needed
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the front-of-house area
- Train and orient new staff members
- Handle customer and staff issues in a professional manner
- Monitor staff performance and provide feedback
- Assist in creating promotional materials and marketing campaigns
Sample Front Of House Manager CV for Inspiration
Name: John Doe
Address: 1234 Main Street, Anytown, USA
Summary: John Doe is an experienced Front Of House Manager with a proven track record of success in the hospitality industry. He has a strong background in customer service and is well-versed in the latest technologies and trends. He is a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who is able to provide outstanding service to customers.
- Front Of House Manager, ABC Company, Anytown, USA (2020 - Present)
- Restaurant Manager, XYZ Restaurant, Anytown, USA (2015 - 2020)
- Assistant Manager, ABC Restaurant, Anytown, USA (2010 - 2015)
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management, University of Anytown (2006 - 2010)
- Customer service
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Computer literacy
- Food Safety Certification
- ServSafe Certification
Languages: English (Fluent), Spanish (Intermediate)
CV tips for Front Of House Manager
Crafting an impeccable CV that kickstarts your career is a challenging endeavor. While adhering to fundamental writing principles is beneficial, seeking guidance customized for your unique job pursuit is equally prudent. As a newcomer to the professional realm, you require Front Of House Manager CV pointers.
We've curated top-notch advice from experienced Front Of House Manager individuals. Explore their insights to streamline your writing journey and enhance the likelihood of fashioning a CV that captivates potential employers' attention.
- Highlight your managerial experience and any related certifications.
- Showcase your customer service and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate how you have successfully managed staff and resources.
- Provide examples of how you have achieved cost savings or increased revenue.
- Include any awards or recognition you have received for your work.
Front Of House Manager CV Summary Examples
A Front Of House Manager CV Summary or CV Objective is a great way to quickly highlight your skills, experience, and accomplishments to potential employers. It is an effective way to showcase your knowledge and experience in the hospitality industry, as well as demonstrate your leadership abilities. It can be used to emphasize your strengths, such as customer service, management, problem-solving, and organizational skills. Ultimately, this will help you stand out from other job applicants and increase your chances of getting the job.
- Experienced Front Of House Manager with 5+ years of expertise in managing restaurant operations, customer service, and staff development.
- Enthusiastic Front Of House Manager, adept at delivering superior customer service and developing effective strategies to drive sales.
- Dynamic Front Of House Manager with a proven track record in providing efficient service, resolving customer complaints, and maintaining high standards of quality.
- Skilled Front Of House Manager with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, well-versed in training and developing staff.
- Motivated Front Of House Manager with a commitment to provide exceptional customer service and ensure operational efficiency.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Front Of House Manager CV
Building a strong experience section for a Front Of House Manager CV is important because it allows potential employers to quickly assess your skills and qualifications. The experience section is the most important part of a CV because it provides employers with an opportunity to see your qualifications and relevant experience in a concise and organized format. It is important to highlight your accomplishments and successes in the Front Of House Manager role, as this will demonstrate to potential employers that you are knowledgeable and experienced in the field. Additionally, it will show employers that you are capable of managing front-of-house operations and that you possess the required skills to be successful in this role.
- Managed a team of 5 front-of-house staff, providing coaching and feedback to ensure team success.
- Developed and implemented operational processes to improve customer service and reduce wait times.
- Greeted guests upon arrival and managed seating arrangements for large parties.
- Created and communicated daily specials and ensured all menu items were accurately priced.
- Planned and coordinated events for up to 200 guests, including menu and staff selection.
- Monitored customer service levels and addressed customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Maintained a clean and safe bar and dining area, including stocking supplies and cleaning tables.
- Established and maintained strong relationships with vendors, suppliers, and other business partners.
- Executed innovative marketing campaigns to drive sales and increase customer loyalty.
- Analyzed financial data to identify opportunities for cost-savings and increased profitability.
Front Of House Manager CV education example
A Front Of House Manager typically needs a high school diploma or equivalent. Some employers may prefer candidates with a degree in hospitality management or a related field, though this is not always required. Additionally, experience in customer service, management, and hospitality is important for this role.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Front Of House Manager CV:
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management, University of California, 2019
- Certificate in Food and Beverage Management, Cornell University, 2018
- Food Safety and Sanitation Certification, University of Nevada, 2017
- Culinary Arts Certificate, American Culinary Federation, 2016
Front Of House Manager Skills for a CV
It is important to add skills for a Front Of House Manager CV because it provides employers with a comprehensive overview of the candidate’s capabilities and qualifications. Skills demonstrate a candidate’s qualifications in certain areas and can help employers determine if the candidate is a good fit for the position. Skills can include knowledge of hospitality, customer service, problem-solving, multitasking, strong organizational skills, communication, and team management. Employers may also look for additional skills such as knowledge of food safety, familiarity with restaurant technology, and knowledge of financial management.
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer service
- Cash handling
- Food service
- Inventory management
- Team management
- Conflict resolution
- Scheduling staff
- Food safety
- POS systems
- Table setting
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Front Of House Manager CV
In today's competitive job market, an average of 180 applications floods employers' inboxes for each vacant position. To streamline this influx of CVs, companies frequently employ automated applicant tracking systems that weed out less qualified candidates. If your CV manages to surpass these digital gatekeepers, it must still captivate the attention of the recruiter or hiring manager. Given the sheer volume of applications, a mere 5 seconds is typically allocated to each CV before a decision is reached. With this in mind, it's crucial to eliminate any extraneous information that might relegate your application to the discard pile. To ensure your CV shines, consult the list below for elements to avoid including in your job application.
- Skipping the cover letter: A well-crafted cover letter is an opportunity to showcase your suitability for the role and express your enthusiasm for it.
- Excessive jargon: CVs laden with technical terms can alienate hiring managers who lack specialized knowledge.
- Neglecting vital details: Incorporate your contact information, education, work history, and pertinent skills and experiences.
- Relying on generic templates: Tailoring your CV to the specific job exhibits your commitment to the position and company.
- Errors in spelling and grammar: Proofreading is essential to eliminate typos, spelling errors, and grammatical blunders.
- Overemphasizing duties: Highlight accomplishments to underline your candidacy's value.
- Sharing personal information: Steer clear of revealing personal details like age, marital status, or religious affiliations.
Key takeaways for a Front Of House Manager CV
- Thorough understanding of customer service principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of hospitality industry procedures.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Remarkable ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in use of POS systems.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends.
- Strong understanding of health and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of food and beverage preparation.
- Proficient in cash handling.
Embark on your job search journey with confidence. Secure your next position by presenting your best self, all with the assistance of Resumaker.ai.