Welcome to our Blogger Resume Example article. Here you will find a comprehensive guide to creating a successful resume for a blogging job. We will cover what a blogging resume should include, how to format it, and best practices for making it stand out. We will also provide a free downloadable template that you can use to quickly and easily create your own resume. With our help, you can create a resume that will land you the perfect blogging job.
We will cover:
What does a Blogger do?
A blogger is an individual who creates content for a blog. This content can range from opinion pieces, reviews, tutorials, and more. Bloggers are often passionate about their topics and use their blog to express their views and opinions. They may also use their blog to promote products or services, share stories, and connect with their readers.
- Blogger Resume Sample
- Content Producer Resume Sample
- Experienced Content Writer Resume Sample
- Editor Resume Sample
- Experienced Journalist Resume Sample
- News Producer Resume Sample
- News Reporter Resume Sample
- Photojournalist Resume Sample
- Pressman Resume Sample
- Publisher Resume Sample
- Experienced Reporter Resume Sample
- Research Assistant Resume Sample
- 3D Designer Resume Sample
- Digital Designer Resume Sample
- Junior Designer Resume Sample
- Senior Designer Resume Sample
- Senior Graphic Designer Resume Sample
- Senior Web Designer Resume Sample
What are some responsibilities of a Blogger?
- Creating content for blogs
- Seeking out readers
- Engaging with readers and responding to comments
- Managing a blog's technical features
- Promoting posts on social media
- Network with other bloggers and influencers
- Analyzing blog performance
Sample Blogger Resume for Inspiration
Name: Jane Doe
Address: 123 Street, City, State, Zip Code
Jane Doe is an experienced blogger with a unique voice and a passion for storytelling. She has written hundreds of articles across a variety of topics, and her work has been featured in many publications. She is also highly adept in web design and HTML coding. Jane is an excellent communicator, both in writing and verbally, and is able to explain complex technical topics in simple terms.
- Blogger, ABC Company - 2020-present
- Freelance Writer, XYZ Company - 2015-2020
- Content Manager, DEF Company - 2012-2015
Bachelor of Arts in English, University of Somewhere - 2010
- Blog Writing
- Web Design
- HTML Coding
- Creative Writing
Certified Professional Blogger, Professional Blogging Institute - 2020
Resume tips for Blogger
Creating a perfect, career-launching resume is no easy task. Following general writing rules can help, but it is also smart to get advice tailored to your specific job search. When you’re new to the employment world, you need Blogger resume tips.
We collected the best tips from seasoned Blogger - Check out their advice to not only make your writing process easier but also increase your chances of creating a resume that piques the interest of prospective employers.
- Highlight your blogging experience in the professional summary.
- Include details about your blogging topics, content types, and target audiences in the experience section.
- Mention any awards or recognition you have received for your blog.
- Include any technical skills you have used to maintain and manage your blog.
- List any relevant certifications, training, or education that applies to blogging.
Blogger Resume Summary Examples
A resume summary or objective can help employers quickly identify what makes you a great candidate for the job. It also helps to give employers a better understanding of your skills, experience, and qualifications. It is also a great way to showcase your unique personality and stand out from the crowd. With a resume summary or objective, you are able to quickly and concisely show employers why you are the best person for the job.
- Experienced Blogger with 5+ years of experience creating content for multiple industries. Skilled in SEO and analytics, as well as content marketing strategies.
- Highly motivated Blogger with demonstrated ability to write clear, concise and engaging copy. Expertise in WordPress, HTML, CSS and web design.
- Creative Blogger with excellent writing and communication skills. Skilled in creating content for both online and print media. Adept at using social media platforms to promote content.
- Results-oriented Blogger with the ability to create high-quality content for a range of topics. Proficient in SEO, content marketing and Google Analytics.
- Dedicated Blogger with a passion for creating content that drives traffic, engagement and conversions. Experienced with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite and HTML.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Blogger Resume
Building a strong experience section for a blogger resume is important for a few reasons. First, it will make it easier for potential employers to get a clear understanding of your qualifications and what you have done in the past. This will give them a better sense of your expertise and help them decide if you are a good fit for the job. Second, it will demonstrate your commitment to the blogging profession and show that you are dedicated to honing your skills and continuing to grow professionally. Finally, it will help you stand out from other applicants, giving you an edge in the job search.
- Managed content strategy and execution for a popular lifestyle blog.
- Developed, optimized, and published blog posts to drive organic traffic.
- Monitored performance metrics to measure and optimize blog content.
- Engaged with readers to grow and maintain a loyal blog following.
- Achieved a continuous increase in blog views and comments.
- Conducted keyword research and SEO optimization for blog posts.
- Created and managed the blog’s social media presence.
- Developed creative blog content ideas to maintain reader interest.
- Collaborated with other bloggers to create cross-promotional campaigns.
- Identified and established relationships with influencers to expand reach.
Blogger resume education example
A Blogger may need a variety of educational backgrounds and experiences to be successful. Some skills that a Blogger may benefit from having include strong writing and editing skills, basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, the ability to understand and interpret analytics, knowledge of SEO and content marketing, and the ability to curate and create visually appealing content. Depending on the type of blog, a Blogger may need further education and knowledge in the field of their specialty such as photography, graphic design, videography, fashion, finance, or programming.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Blogger resume:
- B.A. in Journalism from University of California - Berkeley, 2019
- Certificate in Online Content Creation from New York University, 2017
- Certificate in Blogging from Harvard Extension School, 2016
Blogger Skills for a Resume
Adding skills for a Blogger Resume is important because it helps to showcase the various skills and experiences that make the candidate a desirable hire. By listing relevant skills such as writing, editing, research, interviewing, social media, SEO, and content creation, employers can quickly identify if a candidate is qualified for the position. Including skills also helps employers to determine how the candidate’s skills align with the job requirements, and how their experiences could benefit their organization. It is important to include relevant skills to help employers evaluate a candidate’s qualifications.
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Content Writing
- Social Media
- Graphic Design
- SEO Knowledge
- Adobe Suite
- Analytics Tracking
- Video Editing
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Blogger Resume
In this competitive job market, employers receive an average of 180 applications for each open position. To process these resumes, companies often rely on automated applicant tracking systems, which can sift through resumes and eliminate the least qualified applicants. If your resume is among the few that make it past these bots, it must still impress the recruiter or hiring manager. With so many applications coming in, recruiters typically give each resume only 5 seconds of their attention before deciding whether to discard it. Considering this, it's best to avoid including any distracting information on your application that could cause it to be thrown away. To help make sure your resume stands out, review the list below of what you should not include on your job application.
- Not including a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to explain why you are the best candidate for the job and why you want the position.
- Using too much jargon. Hiring managers do not want to read a resume full of technical terms that they do not understand.
- Omitting important details. Make sure to include your contact information, educational background, job history, and any relevant skills and experiences.
- Using a generic template. Take the time to customize your resume to the job you are applying for. This will show the employer that you are serious about the position.
- Spelling and grammar errors. Always double-check your resume for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammar errors.
- Focusing too much on duties. Make sure to include accomplishments and successes to show the employer that you are a great candidate.
- Including personal information. Avoid including any personal information such as age, marital status, or religious beliefs.
Key takeaways for a Blogger resume
- Highlight any related experience such as writing, photography, or video production
- Mention any awards or recognition you have received for your work
- Include a portfolio of your work with links to your blog or social media accounts
- List any relevant technical skills such as HTML, CSS, or WordPress
- Describe any relevant education or certifications
- Include the names of any influencers or publications you have been featured in
- Describe any software or tools you are familiar with
- Mention any specialties or areas of expertise
- Include any relevant experience with SEO, analytics, or marketing
It's time to begin the job search. Make sure you put your best foot forward and land your next job with the help of Resumaker.ai.