Are you looking for a job as an art handler? An art handler is responsible for the safe handling and transport of artworks, from the point of acquisition to installation. This article provides an example resume for an art handler that you can use as a guide to writing your own. Learn how to craft an effective resume that showcases your experience and qualifications and gives you an edge in the job search.
We will cover:
What does an Art Handler do?
An art handler is responsible for the transport, installation, and de-installation of artwork in galleries, museums, and other art venues. They may also be responsible for the maintenance and repair of artwork, ensuring that it is properly stored and handled. Art handlers must be knowledgeable about proper handling techniques to prevent damage to artwork, as well as the different materials used to create artwork. They must also be familiar with museum regulations and guidelines to ensure that artwork is handled and stored safely and properly.
- Manufacturing Associate Resume Sample
- Mill Operator Resume Sample
- Inventory Control Supervisor Resume Sample
- Warehouse Specialist Resume Sample
- Machine Builder Resume Sample
- Electronic Assembler Resume Sample
- Loader Operator Resume Sample
- Aircraft Assembler Resume Sample
- Experienced Machine Operator Resume Sample
- Product Designer Resume Sample
- Manual Machinist Resume Sample
- Freight Conductor Resume Sample
- Package Handler Resume Sample
- Warehouse Administrator Resume Sample
- Fabricator Resume Sample
- Freight Coordinator Resume Sample
- Warehouse Driver Resume Sample
- Warehouse Operator Resume Sample
- Forklift Driver Resume Sample
- Tanker Driver Resume Sample
What are some responsibilities of an Art Handler?
- Safely packing artwork for shipping and transport
- Receiving and unpacking artwork upon delivery
- Setting-up and displaying artwork in galleries, homes, and other venues
- Measuring and cutting custom frames and mats
- Inspecting artwork for any signs of damage
- Monitoring and maintaining artwork in galleries and other locations
- Providing basic maintenance and cleaning of artwork
- Consulting with clients about their artwork needs and preferences
- Researching and sourcing artwork materials and supplies
- Documenting and tracking artworks in databases
Sample Art Handler Resume for Inspiration
123 Main Street, Anytown, CA 12345 | (123) 456-7890 | firstname.lastname@example.org
With over 10 years of experience in handling, packing, and shipping fine art, John Doe is a highly experienced Art Handler with a long history of successful shipping and delivery.
- Art Handler, XYZ Corporation, Anytown, CA (2015-present)
- Safely handled and shipped fine art, antiques, and sculptures for private clients and galleries.
- Managed shipping logistics for high-value items.
- Developed relationships with local and international carriers.
- Packaging Associate, ABC Company, Anytown, CA (2013-2015)
- Built custom boxes and crates for shipping fragile items.
- Maintained inventory of packaging materials.
- Performed quality control checks on all outbound shipments.
- Bachelor of Arts in Art History, Anytown University, Anytown, CA (2009-2013)
- Fine art handling
- Packing and crating
- Shipping logistics
- Inventory management
- Quality control
- Certified Art Handler, International Art Handler's Association (IAHA) (2018)
- English (fluent)
Resume tips for Art Handler
Creating a perfect, career-launching resume is no easy task. Following general writing rules can help, but it is also smart to get advice tailored to your specific job search. When you’re new to the employment world, you need Art Handler resume tips.
We collected the best tips from seasoned Art Handler - Check out their advice to not only make your writing process easier but also increase your chances of creating a resume that piques the interest of prospective employers.
- Highlight relevant experience handling art and other physical objects.
- Draw attention to any special certifications or training related to art handling.
- Include a list of any special materials or tools you are familiar with.
- Share any experience you have with related roles, such as security, storage, or installation.
- Mention any special skills such as problem-solving, customer service, or teamwork.
Art Handler Resume Summary Examples
A resume summary or resume objective is a great way to showcase the unique skills and experience a potential Art Handler has to offer. A well-crafted summary or objective can be a great way to stand out from other applicants and grab the attention of recruiters and employers. This type of summary or objective is especially useful for Art Handlers, as it emphasizes their specialized skills and experience with handling artwork, as well as their knowledge of the artistic process. Additionally, a resume summary or objective can provide potential employers with a glimpse of the Art Handler's personality, allowing them to get to know the potential employee on a more personal level.
- Experienced Art Handler with a strong background in art handling, installation, and preservation. Skilled in working with a variety of mediums and techniques.
- Art Handler with 5+ years of experience in preparing artwork for exhibitions, handling and transporting artwork, and maintaining art inventory.
- Knowledgeable Art Handler, specializing in ensuring the safe and secure handling of artwork. Experienced in working with a variety of mediums, from painting to sculpture.
- Art Handler with strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Experienced in preparing artwork for exhibitions, packing artwork for transport, and maintaining inventory.
- Art Handler with a passion for art and a commitment to providing exceptional customer service. Experienced in handling and transporting artwork, ensuring its safety and security.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Art Handler Resume
Building a strong experience section for an art handler resume is important because employers want to see how your skills and experience are relevant to the job you’re applying for. It helps them understand your qualifications and whether you’ll be a good fit for the position. A strong experience section should include descriptions of your previous art handling roles, and it should highlight your accomplishments in each position. It should also emphasize the skills and knowledge you’ve gained that are relevant to the job you’re applying for. By providing an in-depth, detailed account of your experience, you can demonstrate that you’re qualified for the art handling job you’re seeking.
- Assisted with the setup, installation, and deinstallation of exhibitions in a fine art gallery.
- Restored and conserved artwork in various mediums, including oil, acrylic, and watercolor.
- Transported artwork using specialized art handling equipment, including blankets, custom boxes, rolling carts, and netting.
- Liaised with artists, clients, and gallery staff to ensure the safe handling, transport, and installation of artwork.
- Assisted with the packing, crating, and shipment of artwork for exhibitions and private collections.
- Organized and maintained an inventory of art handling equipment, including boxes, wrapping paper, and bubble wrap.
- Performed regular inspections of artwork to detect signs of damage or deterioration.
- Cleaned and maintained the gallery’s art storage and handling areas to ensure a safe and dust-free environment.
- Assisted with the installation of art pieces in public and private spaces.
- Completed minor repairs and restorations on artwork to ensure its safety during shipping and handling.
Art Handler resume education example
A successful art handler usually has a combination of education and experience in the field, including a bachelor's degree in art history, fine arts, or museum studies. Courses in art handling, art conservation, storage and packing, art installation, and art lighting are also beneficial. Having a good knowledge of art and art history is also important for a successful art handler. Additionally, art handlers need physical strength and stamina, manual dexterity, and an eye for detail.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Art Handler resume:
- Associate of Arts in Art Handler, University of Arts, 2015
- Certificate in Art Gallery Management, College of Art, 2013
- Diploma in Art History, School of Arts, 2011
Art Handler Skills for a Resume
It is important to add skills for an Art Handler Resume because it gives a potential employer an idea of what skills and qualifications you bring to the table. It also allows them to see that you are knowledgeable and experienced in the field, and can provide a valuable asset to their team. Examples of skills to include on an Art Handler Resume could include:
• Experience in handling, packing, and shipping artwork
• Knowledge of industry standards related to the safe handling of artwork
• Familiarity with the use of tools and materials for packing, crating, and shipping
• Ability to utilize a variety of lifting and moving techniques
• Familiarity with the use of museum-approved storage materials and techniques
• Ability to safely and securely transport artwork to its destination
• Ability to accurately inventory and document artwork
• Strong attention to detail and record-keeping skills
• Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Art Handling 2.
- Packaging & Shipping 3.
- Art Installation 4.
- Crating & Wrapping 5.
- Truck Driving 6.
- Forklift Operation 7.
- Gallery Management 8.
- Art Conservation 9.
- Problem Solving 10.
- Time Management
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing an Art Handler Resume
In this competitive job market, employers receive an average of 180 applications for each open position. To process these resumes, companies often rely on automated applicant tracking systems, which can sift through resumes and eliminate the least qualified applicants. If your resume is among the few that make it past these bots, it must still impress the recruiter or hiring manager. With so many applications coming in, recruiters typically give each resume only 5 seconds of their attention before deciding whether to discard it. Considering this, it's best to avoid including any distracting information on your application that could cause it to be thrown away. To help make sure your resume stands out, review the list below of what you should not include on your job application.
- Not including a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to explain why you are the best candidate for the job and why you want the position.
- Using too much jargon. Hiring managers do not want to read a resume full of technical terms that they do not understand.
- Omitting important details. Make sure to include your contact information, educational background, job history, and any relevant skills and experiences.
- Using a generic template. Take the time to customize your resume to the job you are applying for. This will show the employer that you are serious about the position.
- Spelling and grammar errors. Always double-check your resume for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammar errors.
- Focusing too much on duties. Make sure to include accomplishments and successes to show the employer that you are a great candidate.
- Including personal information. Avoid including any personal information such as age, marital status, or religious beliefs.
Key takeaways for a Art Handler resume
- Demonstrate knowledge of handling, packing, and installation of artwork
- Highlight experience with specialized materials, tools, and equipment
- Include any prior experience with fine art, antiques, and other valuable objects
- Demonstrate knowledge of museum, gallery, and other art handling safety protocols
- Detail any certifications or qualifications related to art handling
- Outline any customer service, problem-solving, or communication skills
- Mention any past experience with art exhibitions, installations, or other events
It's time to begin the job search. Make sure you put your best foot forward and land your next postal service job with the help of Resumaker.ai.