This Internal Audit Manager CV Example provides a job seeker with a comprehensive overview of how to create a strong CV for a role in internal auditing. It provides key information on the purpose of a CV, what to include, and how to format the document, as well as advice and tips on how to make the most out of the available space. It also features a detailed example of a successful Internal Audit Manager CV, which can be used as a starting point for any job seeker.
We will cover:
What does an Internal Audit Manager do?
An Internal Audit Manager is responsible for managing and leading the internal audit activities and processes of an organization. They are responsible for overseeing the internal audit process, developing and executing audit plans, evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls, providing guidance on risk management practices, and reporting audit findings to senior management. The Internal Audit Manager also ensures that the organization complies with applicable laws and regulations and works to ensure the organization's compliance with financial and operational policies and procedures.
- General Accountant CV Sample
- Grant Accountant CV Sample
- Head Teller CV Sample
- Hedge Fund Accountant CV Sample
- Income Tax Preparer CV Sample
- Intermediate Accountant CV Sample
- Internal Audit Manager CV Sample
- Inventory Accountant CV Sample
- Inventory Assistant CV Sample
- Inventory Manager CV Sample
- Inventory Supervisor CV Sample
- Investment Accountant CV Sample
- Investment Advisor CV Sample
- Investment Associate CV Sample
- Investment Banker CV Sample
- Investment Banking Analyst CV Sample
- Investment Banking Associate CV Sample
- Investment Consultant CV Sample
- Investment Executive CV Sample
- Investment Manager CV Sample
What are some responsibilities of an Internal Audit Manager?
- Develop and implement internal audit plans and strategies.
- Lead audit teams in the execution of internal audit procedures.
- Conduct financial, operational, and compliance audits.
- Assess the adequacy of internal controls.
- Analyze risk exposures and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of internal control systems.
- Prepare audit reports with recommendations for management.
- Provide guidance to management on areas of improvement.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight for financial, operational, and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor new regulations and assess their impact on internal processes.
- Maintain a working knowledge of industry best practices.
- Identify and evaluate potential areas of financial fraud.
Sample Internal Audit Manager CV for Inspiration
Name: John Smith
Address: 10 Main Street, New York, NY 10012
Phone: (555) 555-5555
John Smith is an experienced Internal Audit Manager with over 15 years of experience in the field. He has extensive knowledge in auditing procedures, regulations and guidelines. He is well-versed in the principles and techniques of auditing and is adept at identifying areas of improvement and risk. He has a strong understanding of accounting principles and the financial statements. John has a proven track record of working with stakeholders and senior management to ensure optimal results.
Internal Audit Manager
ABC Corporation, New York, NY
March 2014 – Present
- Lead internal audits through the development of audit plans, evaluation of internal control systems, and identification of areas of risk.
- Analyze financial data to assess compliance with accounting principles and regulations.
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders to ensure all areas of risk are identified.
- Develop and deliver reports to senior management regarding audit findings and recommendations.
- Review and evaluate internal audit reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with industry standards.
XYZ Company, New York, NY
July 2008 – March 2014
- Conducted audits of financial statements and internal controls to ensure compliance with regulations and policies.
- Developed audit plans to ensure all areas of risk were addressed.
- Performed testing of internal controls to identify areas of risk and opportunities for improvement.
- Prepared audit reports outlining findings and recommendations for management.
- Provided guidance and assistance to staff in the development of internal control processes.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
New York University, New York, NY
- Financial Analysis
- Risk Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Accounting Principles
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), New York State, 2009
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), 2008
English (fluent), Spanish (conversational)
CV tips for Internal Audit Manager
Crafting an impeccable CV that kickstarts your career is a challenging endeavor. While adhering to fundamental writing principles is beneficial, seeking guidance customized for your unique job pursuit is equally prudent. As a newcomer to the professional realm, you require Internal Audit Manager CV pointers.
We've curated top-notch advice from experienced Internal Audit Manager individuals. Explore their insights to streamline your writing journey and enhance the likelihood of fashioning a CV that captivates potential employers' attention.
- Highlight your relevant qualifications or certifications, such as being a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Include a list of the different types of audits you have conducted.
- Demonstrate your ability to lead a team and manage multiple projects.
- Include examples of successful projects you have managed.
- Showcase your experience in developing and implementing internal audit systems and processes.
Internal Audit Manager CV Summary Examples
A CV summary or CV objective can be beneficial for an internal audit manager because it allows them to showcase their qualifications and expertise, while also highlighting their key accomplishments and skills. It quickly provides the reader with an overview of the candidate’s experience and background, while also demonstrating why they would be a great addition to the team. A well-crafted CV summary or CV objective can help an internal audit manager stand out among other applicants and give them a competitive edge.
- Dedicated Internal Audit Manager with 5+ years of experience. Innovative in developing and implementing audit plans and leading audits. Proven track record of ensuring compliance and accuracy.
- Dynamic Internal Audit Manager with 8+ years of experience in managing financial and operational audits. Skilled in identifying internal control deficiencies and recommending improvements.
- Experienced Internal Audit Manager with 7+ years of experience in auditing and financial analysis. Adept in working with internal stakeholders to maintain compliance and accuracy.
- Efficient Internal Audit Manager with 4+ years of experience in managing financial records and accounts. Skilled in providing financial reports and creating audit strategies.
- Accomplished Internal Audit Manager with 10+ years of experience in developing and executing audit plans. Adept in leading audits and ensuring accuracy of financial records.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Internal Audit Manager CV
Building a strong experience section for an Internal Audit Manager CV is important because it is the first section that a potential employer will see when reviewing the CV. This section should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner so that it can quickly give the employer a sense of the candidate's qualifications and past work experience. It should also include any relevant certifications or qualifications that the candidate has, as well as any relevant experience that is related to the job they are applying for. The experience section should also be tailored to the role they are applying for, to ensure that the employer is able to quickly and easily understand the candidate's qualifications and experience.
- Successfully managed a team of 15 auditors to complete multiple financial and operational audit engagements
- Created internal audit policies and procedures to mitigate risk and reduce losses
- Developed and implemented internal audit plans and strategies to evaluate compliance with federal regulations
- Conducted comprehensive risk assessment to identify and address potential areas of non-compliance
- Mentored and provided guidance to junior auditors on the team
- Prepared audit reports and presented findings to senior management
- Provided training and education to staff and management in areas of risk management and internal control
- Monitored compliance with applicable regulations and auditing standards
- Developed and implemented a system for tracking audit activities and results
- Analyzed financial and operational data to identify areas of improvement and potential cost savings
Internal Audit Manager CV education example
A Internal Audit Manager typically requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field. In addition, they must have a minimum of five years of experience in accounting and/or auditing. Professional certifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) are often preferred. Strong leadership, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills are also necessary.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Internal Audit Manager CV:
- MBA in Auditing and Assurance Services, XYZ University, 2019
- Bachelor of Business Administration, XYZ College, 2017
- Certified Internal Auditor, Institute of Internal Auditors, 2018
Internal Audit Manager Skills for a CV
It is important to add skills for an Internal Audit Manager CV as it helps to demonstrate the candidate's ability to perform the job. Skills can include technical knowledge such as auditing and financial analysis, as well as soft skills such as communication, problem-solving, and leadership. Including relevant skills in an Internal Audit Manager CV can help show employers that the candidate has the right qualifications for the job.
- Strategic Planning
- Risk Management
- Time Management
- Risk Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Audit Planning
- Data Analysis
- Internal Control
- Accounting Principles
- Regulatory Compliance
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving
- Report Writing
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing an Internal Audit Manager CV
In today's competitive job market, an average of 180 applications floods employers' inboxes for each vacant position. To streamline this influx of CVs, companies frequently employ automated applicant tracking systems that weed out less qualified candidates. If your CV manages to surpass these digital gatekeepers, it must still captivate the attention of the recruiter or hiring manager. Given the sheer volume of applications, a mere 5 seconds is typically allocated to each CV before a decision is reached. With this in mind, it's crucial to eliminate any extraneous information that might relegate your application to the discard pile. To ensure your CV shines, consult the list below for elements to avoid including in your job application.
- Skipping the cover letter: A well-crafted cover letter is an opportunity to showcase your suitability for the role and express your enthusiasm for it.
- Excessive jargon: CVs laden with technical terms can alienate hiring managers who lack specialized knowledge.
- Neglecting vital details: Incorporate your contact information, education, work history, and pertinent skills and experiences.
- Relying on generic templates: Tailoring your CV to the specific job exhibits your commitment to the position and company.
- Errors in spelling and grammar: Proofreading is essential to eliminate typos, spelling errors, and grammatical blunders.
- Overemphasizing duties: Highlight accomplishments to underline your candidacy's value.
- Sharing personal information: Steer clear of revealing personal details like age, marital status, or religious affiliations.
Key takeaways for a Internal Audit Manager CV
- Strong knowledge of internal audit principles and practices
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions
- Proficient in risk assessment and compliance management
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient in the use of auditing software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with data analytics and visualization tools
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
Embark on your job search journey with confidence. Secure your next position by presenting your best self, all with the assistance of Resumaker.ai.