Are you searching for a new job as a head custodian? If so, you will need to make sure that your resume stands out from the competition. This article will provide you with a comprehensive and informative CV example for a head custodian position. It will include details about the job description, duties and responsibilities, qualifications, and other important information that should be included in a successful head custodian CV. You will also find tips on how to write a compelling CV and make it as effective as possible.
We will cover:
What does a Head Custodian do?
A head custodian is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a building's janitorial staff and managing the upkeep of the facility. They are responsible for ensuring that all areas are cleaned, maintained, and repaired in an efficient and safe manner. Duties may include scheduling staff, ordering supplies, and enforcing safety rules and regulations. Head custodians may also be responsible for performing general repairs, such as fixing plumbing, electrical, and other mechanical systems.
- Stationary Engineer CV Sample
- Auto Body Technician CV Sample
- Carpenter CV Sample
- Electronics Technician CV Sample
- Plumber CV Sample
- Diesel Mechanic CV Sample
- General Labor CV Sample
- Maintenance Supervisor CV Sample
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic CV Sample
- Industrial Mechanic CV Sample
- Gas Technician CV Sample
- Aircraft Mechanic CV Sample
- Maintenance Technician CV Sample
- Millwright CV Sample
- Maintenance Manager CV Sample
- Auto Mechanic CV Sample
- Maintenance Electrician CV Sample
- Field Technician CV Sample
- Electrician CV Sample
- Locksmith CV Sample
What are some responsibilities of a Head Custodian?
- Develop and implement a custodial operation plan and budget
- Schedule and assign custodial staff to specific tasks
- Ensure adequate supplies and equipment are available to custodial staff
- Train new custodial staff on job duties and safety protocols
- Conduct regular inspections of building to identify maintenance needs
- Supervise and coordinate custodial staff and work activities
- Maintain accurate records of custodial staff hours and time off
- Ensure all custodial staff follow safety and security protocols
- Respond to emergency cleaning or maintenance requests
- Develop and implement cleaning protocols and schedules
Sample Head Custodian CV for Inspiration
Name: John Doe
Address: 123 Main Street, Anytown, ST 12345
Phone: (123) 456-7890
Highly organized and detail-oriented Head Custodian with over 10 years of experience in overseeing housekeeping operations, managing staff, and ensuring cleanliness and safety standards are met. Proven record of cost-effective management of resources and personnel while meeting high quality standards. Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervisions.
- Head Custodian, ABC Company, Anytown, ST (2014 - Present)
- Manage a staff of 10 custodians in the daily maintenance and cleaning of the building and grounds.
- Ensure staff adhere to safety standards and procedures.
- Train and supervise custodial staff in daily duties and tasks.
- Manage purchasing of janitorial supplies and maintenance materials.
- Develop and implement procedures for the cleaning of the building.
- Custodian, XYZ Company, Anytown, ST (2011 - 2014)
- Perform daily cleaning and maintenance of the building and grounds.
- Respond to emergency situations and coordinate with outside vendors.
- Received multiple awards for exemplary work and attendance.
High School Diploma, Anytown High School, Anytown, ST (2006)
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Staff management and supervision
- OSHA regulations and safety standards
- Time management and prioritization
- Budgeting and cost-saving strategies
OSHA 10 Hour Construction Safety Certification (2014)
CV tips for Head Custodian
Crafting an impeccable CV that kickstarts your career is a challenging endeavor. While adhering to fundamental writing principles is beneficial, seeking guidance customized for your unique job pursuit is equally prudent. As a newcomer to the professional realm, you require Head Custodian CV pointers.
We've curated top-notch advice from experienced Head Custodian individuals. Explore their insights to streamline your writing journey and enhance the likelihood of fashioning a CV that captivates potential employers' attention.
- Highlight your experience in custodial work and any specialized training you may have received.
- Emphasize your ability to work well in a team environment.
- Describe your problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Include a list of any equipment, cleaning supplies, or tools you are comfortable using.
- Mention any certifications you have related to custodial work and health and safety regulations.
Head Custodian CV Summary Examples
A Head Custodian CV Summary or CV Objective can be used to quickly summarize a candidate’s qualifications and experience in the field of custodial management. It can help the employer quickly identify the most relevant qualifications and skills the candidate possess, and provides a snapshot of the candidate’s professional background. It also helps the employer to determine if the candidate is the right fit for the job and if the candidate is likely to be successful in the role.
- Dedicated Head Custodian with 5 years of experience in facility and grounds maintenance. Skilled in performing general custodial duties, custodial equipment operation, and safety protocols.
- Experienced Head Custodian with 8 years of experience in custodial and janitorial services. Adept in cleaning duties, equipment maintenance, and customer service.
- Motivated Head Custodian with 10 years of experience in janitorial and facility maintenance. Skilled in organizing custodial supplies, preparing reports, and maintaining safety standards.
- Knowledgeable Head Custodian with 12 years of experience in custodial and janitorial services. Expert in cleaning duties, inventory management, and customer satisfaction.
- Professional Head Custodian with 15 years of experience in facility and grounds maintenance. Adept in performing general custodial duties, custodial equipment operation, and safety protocols.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Head Custodian CV
Building a strong experience section for a head custodian CV is important because it helps employers to quickly identify if the applicant has the necessary experience and qualifications needed for the role. It also helps to demonstrate the applicant’s ability to effectively manage, lead, and motivate staff members within a custodial environment. This section should include a list of previous custodial-related roles and any additional responsibilities that the applicant has taken on. Additionally, it should include any additional training or certifications related to the role that the applicant has acquired.
- Performed daily custodial duties such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, and window washing.
- Ensured that all areas were adequately stocked with necessary cleaning supplies.
- Maintained records of all cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Repaired and replaced any broken fixtures, furniture, and other equipment.
- Assisted with painting, wallpapering, and other minor repairs.
- Provided excellent customer service to staff and visitors.
- Responded to emergency maintenance calls in a timely manner.
- Collaborated with other team members to complete projects.
- Performed general maintenance tasks such as changing light bulbs and filters.
- Followed all safety protocols and regulations while performing custodial duties.
Head Custodian CV education example
Head Custodians typically need a high school diploma or equivalent. Some employers may prefer custodians with additional education, such as an Associate’s degree in janitorial sciences or a related field. Additional certification or licensing may also be required, depending on the state or local government regulations.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Head Custodian CV:
- High School Diploma, Anytown High School, Anytown, USA (2005)
- Certified Custodian Training, Anytown Regional Adult Education Center (2008)
- OSHA Certification, Anytown Regional Adult Education Center (2008)
- Cleaning and Maintenance Management Training, Anytown Regional Adult Education Center (2010)
- Leadership and Supervisory Training, Anytown Regional Adult Education Center (2014)
Head Custodian Skills for a CV
Adding skills to a Head Custodian CV is important because it allows potential employers to quickly assess the qualifications and experience of a candidate. It also helps to highlight the abilities and expertise of the applicant that may be relevant to the specific job requirements. Examples of skills to include could be supervisory experience, knowledge of maintenance and safety protocols, problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Cleaning Services
- Time Management
- Safety Procedures
- Equipment Maintenance
- Inventory Management
- Facility Management
- Interpersonal Skills
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Head Custodian CV
In today's competitive job market, an average of 180 applications floods employers' inboxes for each vacant position. To streamline this influx of CVs, companies frequently employ automated applicant tracking systems that weed out less qualified candidates. If your CV manages to surpass these digital gatekeepers, it must still captivate the attention of the recruiter or hiring manager. Given the sheer volume of applications, a mere 5 seconds is typically allocated to each CV before a decision is reached. With this in mind, it's crucial to eliminate any extraneous information that might relegate your application to the discard pile. To ensure your CV shines, consult the list below for elements to avoid including in your job application.
- Skipping the cover letter: A well-crafted cover letter is an opportunity to showcase your suitability for the role and express your enthusiasm for it.
- Excessive jargon: CVs laden with technical terms can alienate hiring managers who lack specialized knowledge.
- Neglecting vital details: Incorporate your contact information, education, work history, and pertinent skills and experiences.
- Relying on generic templates: Tailoring your CV to the specific job exhibits your commitment to the position and company.
- Errors in spelling and grammar: Proofreading is essential to eliminate typos, spelling errors, and grammatical blunders.
- Overemphasizing duties: Highlight accomplishments to underline your candidacy's value.
- Sharing personal information: Steer clear of revealing personal details like age, marital status, or religious affiliations.
Key takeaways for a Head Custodian CV
- Highlight any certifications and experience related to custodial work
- Emphasize strong communication and organizational skills
- Detail any experience in managing a custodial team
- Illustrate knowledge of basic custodial techniques and equipment
- Describe any experience with maintenance or repair work
- Highlight any special skills for dealing with safety hazards or emergencies
- Describe any experience in creating custodial budgets
- Mention any relevant knowledge of school policies and regulations
- Include any other relevant skills or experience
Embark on your job search journey with confidence. Secure your next position by presenting your best self, all with the assistance of Resumaker.ai.