Welcome to our Catering Manager CV Example article! Here, you can find an example of a professionally-written CV for a Catering Manager position. This article will show you the essential components of a successful Catering Manager CV, such as key skills, professional experience, and education. Additionally, you can get valuable tips and advice on how to improve your own Catering Manager CV. We hope this article will be a great resource for your job application.
We will cover:
What does a Catering Manager do?
A Catering Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of catering operations, from scheduling and coordinating staff to ordering supplies and equipment. They manage all aspects of menu planning, food preparation, and presentation for catered events. They also manage customer service issues and may handle billing and financial responsibilities. Catering Managers ensure that food safety regulations are followed and that all catering operations are conducted in accordance with industry standards.
What are some responsibilities of a Catering Manager?
- Hire, train, and supervise catering staff
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors
- Negotiate contracts with vendors for supplies and services
- Develop menus and coordinate food preparation with chefs
- Prepare budgets and ensure cost-effectiveness
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Plan and coordinate catering events
- Manage inventory and keep records of purchases
- Prepare and submit reports to senior management
- Promote catering services and build customer base
Sample Catering Manager CV for Inspiration
Name: Alice Jones
Address: 123 Main Street, Anytown, USA
Phone: +1 (123) 456-7890
Alice Jones is a highly experienced Catering Manager with over ten years of experience in the hospitality and catering industry. She is a reliable, organized and motivated professional with excellent customer relations skills and an impressive ability to ensure the highest standards in all areas of catering operations.
- Catering Manager, ABC Catering Company, Anytown, USA – July 2019 to Present
- Catering Supervisor, XYZ Catering Company, Anytown, USA – May 2017 to June 2019
- Assistant Catering Manager, KLM Catering Company, Anytown, USA – April 2015 to April 2017
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management, Anytown University, Anytown, USA – 2011 to 2015
Menu planning, Food presentation, Food safety, Team management, Inventory management, Budgeting, Problem solving
Food Handler Certificate, Anytown, USA – 2015
English (Fluent), Spanish (Intermediate)
CV tips for Catering Manager
Crafting an impeccable CV that kickstarts your career is a challenging endeavor. While adhering to fundamental writing principles is beneficial, seeking guidance customized for your unique job pursuit is equally prudent. As a newcomer to the professional realm, you require Catering Manager CV pointers.
We've curated top-notch advice from experienced Catering Manager individuals. Explore their insights to streamline your writing journey and enhance the likelihood of fashioning a CV that captivates potential employers' attention.
- Highlight your experience in the catering industry, including any certifications you may have.
- Include details on your customer service and hospitality skills, such as the ability to accommodate customer requests.
- Mention any successful catering events you have managed or organized.
- Describe your ability to manage staff and delegate tasks efficiently.
- Include any budgeting and financial management skills that you may have.
Catering Manager CV Summary Examples
A catering manager CV summary or CV objective is an important tool for job seekers in the hospitality industry. It provides a concise overview of your skills and experience and can help recruiters and employers quickly understand what makes you the perfect fit for their role. It also gives you the opportunity to highlight key accomplishments and industry-specific qualifications that make you stand out amongst other applicants. By including a catering manager CV summary or CV objective, you will demonstrate your commitment to the role and the hospitality industry.
- Experienced Catering Manager with 10+ years in the hospitality industry. Skilled in menu planning, customer relations, and budget management.
- Catering Manager with expertise in event planning, customer service, and personnel management. Proven success in creating memorable guest experiences.
- Motivated Catering Manager with 5+ years of experience in the hospitality industry. Adept at menu planning, vendor relations, and staff training.
- Catering Manager with a passion for creating unique and memorable events. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and customer service background.
- Results-driven Catering Manager with 8+ years of experience in the hospitality industry. Adept at creating efficient workflows, managing costs, and developing staff.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Catering Manager CV
Building a strong experience section for a catering manager CV is important for a number of reasons. First, it allows employers to get a better idea of your past successes and challenges in this role. It also allows you to demonstrate your leadership skills and ability to manage a team. Finally, it allows you to showcase your knowledge of the catering industry, including your understanding of food safety regulations and your ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Managed catering operations across multiple sites, ensuring the highest standards of customer service and food quality.
- Developed and implemented food safety policies and procedures in accordance with local and federal health regulations.
- Responsible for all aspects of event planning, from menu design to equipment rental.
- Directed and supervised the day-to-day activities of the catering staff, including hiring, training, scheduling, and performance management.
- Developed and maintained relationships with vendors to ensure the provision of quality products at competitive prices.
- Created and maintained accurate records and reports related to budgeting, inventory, and catering service.
- Ensured cost-effective management of resources to maximize profitability.
- Planned and coordinated successful events while adhering to the highest standards of safety and sanitation.
- Reviewed customer feedback and took appropriate steps to address any concerns.
- Assisted in developing menus that met customer needs and budget requirements.
Catering Manager CV education example
A Catering Manager typically needs a minimum of a high school diploma or GED, although some employers prefer a college degree in hospitality management or a related field. In addition, most Catering Managers have years of experience in the hospitality and catering industry, as well as strong customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Catering Manager CV:
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management, University of San Francisco, 2011
- Certified Professional Chef (CPC), American Culinary Federation, 2013
- ServSafe Manager Certification, National Restaurant Association, 2014
- Advanced Catering Management Diploma, American Culinary Institute, 2015
Catering Manager Skills for a CV
Adding skills to your Catering Manager CV is important because it helps employers quickly identify your qualifications for the position. It allows you to highlight your strengths and puts your best foot forward when applying for the job.
When adding skills to your CV, be sure to be specific and focus on the most relevant skills to the position. For example, if you are applying for a Catering Manager position, you should list any experience you have in the hospitality industry, such as food preparation, customer service, budgeting, and inventory control. You should also list any certifications or qualifications you have related to the job. This will help employers quickly assess your qualifications and give them a better idea of whether you are a good fit for the role.
- Team Management
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Food Preparation
- Staff Management
- Event Planning
- Menu Development
- Cost Control
- Inventory Management
- Food Safety
- Customer Service
- Organizational Skills
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Catering Manager CV
In today's competitive job market, an average of 180 applications floods employers' inboxes for each vacant position. To streamline this influx of CVs, companies frequently employ automated applicant tracking systems that weed out less qualified candidates. If your CV manages to surpass these digital gatekeepers, it must still captivate the attention of the recruiter or hiring manager. Given the sheer volume of applications, a mere 5 seconds is typically allocated to each CV before a decision is reached. With this in mind, it's crucial to eliminate any extraneous information that might relegate your application to the discard pile. To ensure your CV shines, consult the list below for elements to avoid including in your job application.
- Skipping the cover letter: A well-crafted cover letter is an opportunity to showcase your suitability for the role and express your enthusiasm for it.
- Excessive jargon: CVs laden with technical terms can alienate hiring managers who lack specialized knowledge.
- Neglecting vital details: Incorporate your contact information, education, work history, and pertinent skills and experiences.
- Relying on generic templates: Tailoring your CV to the specific job exhibits your commitment to the position and company.
- Errors in spelling and grammar: Proofreading is essential to eliminate typos, spelling errors, and grammatical blunders.
- Overemphasizing duties: Highlight accomplishments to underline your candidacy's value.
- Sharing personal information: Steer clear of revealing personal details like age, marital status, or religious affiliations.
Key takeaways for a Catering Manager CV
- Knowledge of food industry and production processes
- Experience in managing staff and leading catering teams
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficient in food safety and hygiene regulations
- Proficient in computer programs related to catering, such as MS Office, ordering and scheduling software, etc.
- Ability to create cost-effective menus
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent budgeting and financial management skills
Embark on your job search journey with confidence. Secure your next position by presenting your best self, all with the assistance of Resumaker.ai.