This article provides an example of a Websphere Administrator resume to help you create your own resume. It provides insights into the skills and experience necessary to work as a Websphere Administrator, as well as tips on how to best structure your resume and highlight your qualifications. With the help of this article, you'll be able to create a professional and polished resume that will help you land the job you want.
We will cover:
What does a Websphere Administrator do?
A Websphere Administrator is responsible for managing the Websphere Application Server (WAS) environment, ensuring that applications are running effectively and efficiently. This includes setting up and configuring the server, installing and managing applications, monitoring performance, and troubleshooting any issues that may arise. They may also be responsible for setting up and managing security policies, creating backups and disaster recovery plans, and managing the application's database.
- C# Developer Resume Sample
- CTO Resume Sample
- Configuration Manager Resume Sample
- Dot Net Web Developer Resume Sample
- ERP Developer Resume Sample
- Game Developer Resume Sample
- Automation Specialist Resume Sample
- Computer Programmer Resume Sample
- Windows System Administrator Resume Sample
- Data Warehouse Manager Resume Sample
- Solution Architect Resume Sample
- C++ Developer Resume Sample
- Telecommunications Analyst Resume Sample
- Desktop Analyst Resume Sample
- Technical Support Representative Resume Sample
- ERP Analyst Resume Sample
- Cobol Developer Resume Sample
- Unix Administrator Resume Sample
- Security Administrator Resume Sample
- Citrix Engineer Resume Sample
What are some responsibilities of a Websphere Administrator?
- Manage the software configuration of Websphere applications
- Troubleshoot and analyze any problems with Websphere applications
- Deploy new Websphere applications and updates
- Configure and maintain the security settings of Websphere applications
- Monitor the performance and availability of Websphere applications
- Backup and recovery of Websphere applications
- Maintain and update Websphere documentation
- Ensure the compliance of Websphere applications with corporate policies
Sample Websphere Administrator Resume for Inspiration
Name: John Doe
Address: 123 Main Street, Anytown, USA
John Doe is an experienced Websphere Administrator with a background in IT support and maintenance. He has expertise in deploying, configuring, and managing Websphere applications and environments. He has a strong working knowledge of server side scripting, and is well versed in a range of programming languages. He is also an expert in troubleshooting and problem solving various technical issues.
- Websphere Administrator, XYZ Company, Anytown, USA (2017-Present)
- Deployed and maintained Websphere applications and environments
- Monitored and optimized application performance
- Troubleshot and resolved various technical issues
- IT Support Specialist, ABC Company, Anytown, USA (2015-2017)
- Provided technical support and maintenance to end users
- Installed and configured hardware and software applications
- Performed system and network maintenance and administration
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Anytown University, Anytown, USA (2014)
- Websphere Application Server
- Server Side Scripting
- Programming Languages
- Problem Solving
- Software Installation
- Hardware Configuration
- System Administration
- Network Maintenance
IBM Certified System Administrator - Websphere Application Server V8.5 (2015)
English (Native), Spanish (Intermediate)
Resume tips for Websphere Administrator
Creating a perfect, career-launching resume is no easy task. Following general writing rules can help, but it is also smart to get advice tailored to your specific job search. When you’re new to the employment world, you need Websphere Administrator resume tips.
We collected the best tips from seasoned Websphere Administrator - Check out their advice to not only make your writing process easier but also increase your chances of creating a resume that piques the interest of prospective employers.
- Highlight your experience in IBM WebSphere Application Server and related technologies.
- Showcase your experience in developing and managing applications for WebSphere.
- Include details of your experience in troubleshooting and resolving WebSphere problems.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of web infrastructure technologies, such as HTTP, CSS, and XML.
- Describe your ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
Websphere Administrator Resume Summary Examples
Websphere Administrator Resume Summary or Resume Objective is used to highlight the key skills and experience of a Websphere Administrator. It is a great way to quickly and concisely give employers an overview of your qualifications and experience. This summary or objective can help you stand out from other job applicants and gives employers a better idea of your qualifications and the value you can bring to their organization.
- Experienced Websphere Administrator with 7+ years of expertise in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Websphere Application Server.
- Knowledgeable Websphere Administrator with a proven track record of successful performance in mission-critical environments.
- Highly accomplished Websphere Administrator with a strong background in system troubleshooting, performance analysis & optimization, and problem resolution.
- Skilled Websphere Administrator with advanced technical skills and a deep understanding of server and network architectures.
- Certified Websphere Administrator with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with teams.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Websphere Administrator Resume
Building a strong experience section for a Websphere Administrator resume is important for a few reasons. First, it demonstrates to potential employers that you have the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in the role. Second, it gives employers an accurate picture of the scope of your experience and the depth of your expertise. Finally, it serves as a great way to highlight your accomplishments and showcase your technical knowledge. By building a strong experience section for your Websphere Administrator resume, you can set yourself apart from other job applicants and put yourself in the running for the job you want.
- Configured and managed WebSphere Application Server ND 8.5.5 in a clustered environment on AIX operating system.
- Configured, monitored and maintained WebSphere Application Server ND 8.5.5 environments on various operating systems.
- Performed WebSphere Application Server installation, configuration, migration, patching and tuning.
- Provided production support, troubleshooting and performance tuning for WebSphere Application Server.
- Developed automation scripts for WebSphere Application Server using Shell Scripting and Java.
- Involved in the installation, configuration and management of WebSphere MQ series.
- Performed WebSphere Application Server performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Configured and monitored WebSphere Application Server security using LDAP.
- Implemented WebSphere Application Server high availability using WebSphere Clusters.
- Provided technical support and training to team members on WebSphere Application Server.
Websphere Administrator resume education example
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Websphere Administrator resume:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, University of California – 2005
- Master of Science in Information Technology, University of Washington – 2007
- IBM Certified WebSphere Administrator – 2011
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) – 2012
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – 2014
Websphere Administrator Skills for a Resume
It is important to add skills for Websphere Administrator Resume, as this will help employers to assess whether you have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform the work required. By ensuring that you include relevant skills, you can demonstrate to employers that you possess the right qualifications and experience to be successful in the role. Examples of these skills could include: installation and configuration of WebSphere Application Server; deployment and management of WebSphere Application Server applications; monitoring and troubleshooting of WebSphere Application Server; developing and deploying WebSphere Application Server applications; scripting; and security administration.
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Technical Skills
- WebSphere Installations
- Application Servers
- Performance Tuning
- Java Scripting
- System Maintenance
- Monitoring Tools
- Configuration Management
- Script Automation
- Deployment Processes
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Websphere Administrator Resume
In this competitive job market, employers receive an average of 180 applications for each open position. To process these resumes, companies often rely on automated applicant tracking systems, which can sift through resumes and eliminate the least qualified applicants. If your resume is among the few that make it past these bots, it must still impress the recruiter or hiring manager. With so many applications coming in, recruiters typically give each resume only 5 seconds of their attention before deciding whether to discard it. Considering this, it's best to avoid including any distracting information on your application that could cause it to be thrown away. To help make sure your resume stands out, review the list below of what you should not include on your job application.
- Not including a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to explain why you are the best candidate for the job and why you want the position.
- Using too much jargon. Hiring managers do not want to read a resume full of technical terms that they do not understand.
- Omitting important details. Make sure to include your contact information, educational background, job history, and any relevant skills and experiences.
- Using a generic template. Take the time to customize your resume to the job you are applying for. This will show the employer that you are serious about the position.
- Spelling and grammar errors. Always double-check your resume for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammar errors.
- Focusing too much on duties. Make sure to include accomplishments and successes to show the employer that you are a great candidate.
- Including personal information. Avoid including any personal information such as age, marital status, or religious beliefs.
Key takeaways for a Websphere Administrator resume
- Knowledge of installing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting Websphere Application Server
- Experience with WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment (WAS ND)
- Knowledge of WebSphere MQ, IBM HTTP Server, and WebSphere Plug-ins
- Proficient in J2EE, SOAP, and XML technologies
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Perl, Bash, or Python
- Understanding of TCP/IP network protocols and load balancers
- Experience with JBoss, Tomcat, or other application servers
- Ability to work in a Linux/Unix environment
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
It's time to begin the job search. Make sure you put your best foot forward and land your next postal service job with the help of Resumaker.ai.