Are you looking for a great way to make your plumber resume stand out from the competition? Our Plumber Resume Example article is designed to help you create a professional and effective resume that will help you land your dream job. With insights and tips from our experts, you'll be able to craft a resume that highlights your skills and experience. We'll also provide a template and example of a resume to help you get started. So read on and start creating the best plumber resume possible!
We will cover:
What does a Plumber do?
A plumber is responsible for the installation and maintenance of water systems and drainage systems in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. This includes repairing, replacing, or maintaining pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing equipment. Plumbers also install and maintain water heaters, sump pumps, and other plumbing appliances. In some cases, plumbers may also be responsible for installing and maintaining heating and cooling systems.
What are some responsibilities of a Plumber?
- Installing and repairing pipes, fixtures and other plumbing equipment
- Diagnosing plumbing problems and identifying appropriate repair solutions
- Inspecting and testing pipes for leaks and other plumbing problems
- Inspecting and repairing water heaters and other hot water systems
- Installing and repairing gas lines and appliances
- Troubleshooting drain and sewer problems
- Replacing fixtures and valves
- Installing and repairing water filtration systems
- Installing and repairing water purification systems
- Installing and repairing backflow prevention devices
- Maintaining, repairing and servicing plumbing systems
Sample Plumber Resume for Inspiration
Name: Jack Smith
Address: 123 Main Street, Anytown, CA
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Jack Smith is a highly experienced and certified plumber who is passionate about providing quality services. With over 10 years of plumbing experience, Jack has a proven track record of success in installing, repairing and maintaining plumbing systems, fixtures and components. He is also skilled in the use of plumbing tools and equipment and knowledgeable in local plumbing codes and regulations.
- Lead Plumber: ABC Plumbing, Anytown, CA (2017-present)
- Lead a team of 8 in the installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems, fixtures and components
- Completed jobs within budget, on time and to a high standard
- Provide detailed estimates and invoices for jobs
- Plumber: XYZ Plumbing, Anytown, CA (2009-2017)
- Perform installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems, fixtures and components
- Delivered excellent customer service and provided honest assessments of jobs
- Prepared detailed estimates and invoices for jobs
- Plumbing Apprenticeship: Anytown Technical College, Anytown, CA (2008-2009)
- High School Diploma: Anytown High School, Anytown, CA (2004-2008)
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledgeable in local plumbing codes and regulations
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Proficient in the use of plumbing tools and equipment
- Journeyman Plumber: State of California (2010)
- Master Plumber: State of California (2013)
- English (native)
- Spanish (intermediate)
Resume tips for Plumber
Creating a perfect, career-launching resume is no easy task. Following general writing rules can help, but it is also smart to get advice tailored to your specific job search. When you’re new to the employment world, you need Plumber resume tips.
We collected the best tips from seasoned Plumber - Check out their advice to not only make your writing process easier but also increase your chances of creating a resume that piques the interest of prospective employers.
- Highlight your industry experience and knowledge of tools and materials.
- Include certifications, licenses, and awards.
- Demonstrate your problem-solving abilities.
- Mention any relevant safety training.
- Showcase your commitment to customer service.
Plumber Resume Summary Examples
A plumber resume summary or resume objective provides employers with a quick overview of your qualifications and experience. It is a great way to stand out from other applicants and demonstrate your commitment to the job. A summary or objective will also give employers a better understanding of the type of work you are capable of completing and the level of skill you possess. Ultimately, this will help them make an informed decision about hiring you.
- Experienced and certified Plumber with 5+ years of expertise in residential, commercial and industrial plumbing systems.
- Skilled in plumbing installation and repair, pipe layout, and water treatment systems.
- Able to diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues quickly and efficiently.
- Possesses excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Committed to safety regulations and high-quality workmanship.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Plumber Resume
A strong experience section on a plumber resume is important to highlight your qualifications and demonstrate your field-related expertise. It will provide potential employers with a better understanding of your skills and abilities and show them why you are the best candidate for the job. The experience section should list your previous work experience, certifications, and any other relevant accomplishments. It should be tailored to the job description and should include evidence of accomplishments such as the successful completion of projects or customer satisfaction scores. A strong experience section is crucial to showcasing your qualifications and helping you stand out from other applicants.
- Installed, maintained, and repaired plumbing systems in residential and commercial properties.
- Conducted regular inspections and maintenance to ensure plumbing systems were in good working order.
- Identified and repaired leaks, clogs, and other plumbing issues.
- Installed and maintained water heaters, sump pumps, and other plumbing systems.
- Performed routine maintenance to ensure all plumbing systems were functioning properly.
- Assisted customers with their plumbing needs and provided quality customer service.
- Worked with other contractors to ensure the completion of projects in a timely manner.
- Acted as a liaison between customers and management to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Developed and maintained positive relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local building codes and regulations related to plumbing.
Plumber resume education example
A plumber typically needs to have a high school diploma and complete an apprenticeship program. After the apprenticeship program, a plumber will usually need to become licensed in the state in which they are working. Plumbers may also be required to take continuing education classes to maintain their licensure.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Plumber resume:
- High School Diploma, Anytown High School, Anytown, USA, 2013
- Plumbing Apprenticeship Training, Anytown Technical Institute, Anytown, USA, 2014-2016
- Journeyman Plumber License, Anytown, USA, 2017
- Continuing Education in Advanced Plumbing Techniques, Anytown Technical Institute, Anytown, USA, 2018
Plumber Skills for a Resume
Skills are an important part of any resume, including those for plumbers. This is because a resume should be seen as a marketing tool that showcases your abilities and experiences. By adding skills to your resume, you are demonstrating to potential employers that you have the necessary qualifications and experience to do the job. Examples of skills for a plumber resume include plumbing installation, pipefitting, welding, gasfitting, drain cleaning, and troubleshooting.
- Critical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Technical Knowledge
- Pipe installation
- Plumbing fixtures
- Water systems
- Gas lines
- Drain cleaning
- Piping layout
- Leak detection
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Plumber Resume
In this competitive job market, employers receive an average of 180 applications for each open position. To process these resumes, companies often rely on automated applicant tracking systems, which can sift through resumes and eliminate the least qualified applicants. If your resume is among the few that make it past these bots, it must still impress the recruiter or hiring manager. With so many applications coming in, recruiters typically give each resume only 5 seconds of their attention before deciding whether to discard it. Considering this, it's best to avoid including any distracting information on your application that could cause it to be thrown away. To help make sure your resume stands out, review the list below of what you should not include on your job application.
- Not including a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to explain why you are the best candidate for the job and why you want the position.
- Using too much jargon. Hiring managers do not want to read a resume full of technical terms that they do not understand.
- Omitting important details. Make sure to include your contact information, educational background, job history, and any relevant skills and experiences.
- Using a generic template. Take the time to customize your resume to the job you are applying for. This will show the employer that you are serious about the position.
- Spelling and grammar errors. Always double-check your resume for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammar errors.
- Focusing too much on duties. Make sure to include accomplishments and successes to show the employer that you are a great candidate.
- Including personal information. Avoid including any personal information such as age, marital status, or religious beliefs.
Key takeaways for a Plumber resume
- Highlight your relevant experience, certifications and licenses.
- Include specific plumbing skills such as pipe installation, fixture installation and soldering.
- Demonstrate your customer service, communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Mention any awards or recognition you have received.
- Describe any relevant safety training or certifications.
- Include any relevant certifications or licenses.
- List any additional skills, such as carpentry or electrical.
- Make sure your resume is up to date and error-free.
It's time to begin the job search. Make sure you put your best foot forward and land your next job with the help of Resumaker.ai.