Are you looking to make a career change to become a Cisco engineer? If so, you've come to the right place. Our Cisco Engineer Resume Example article provides a comprehensive guide to writing a winning resume for this highly sought-after position. We'll walk you through the skills and experience needed to become a Cisco engineer, as well as how to create a resume that will make you stand out from the competition. With the help of our Cisco Engineer Resume Example article, you'll be well on your way to a successful career in this field.
We will cover:
What does a Cisco Engineer do?
A Cisco engineer designs, configures, installs, and troubleshoots Cisco network and security systems. This includes routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless devices. They also provide technical support and best practices to ensure the network is functioning properly. Cisco engineers also provide ongoing maintenance and monitoring of the network to ensure its security and performance.
- Telecommunications Engineer Resume Sample
- VP Of Information Technology Resume Sample
- Web Administrator Resume Sample
- Windows Administrator Resume Sample
- CTO Resume Sample
- Cisco Engineer Resume Sample
- Cisco Network Engineer Resume Sample
- Citrix Administrator Resume Sample
- Citrix Engineer Resume Sample
- Computer Analyst Resume Sample
- Computer Engineer Resume Sample
- Computer Operator Resume Sample
- Computer Programmer Resume Sample
- Computer Repair Technician Resume Sample
- Cyber Security Analyst Resume Sample
- Cyber Security Engineer Resume Sample
- Embedded Developer Resume Sample
- Configuration Manager Resume Sample
- Game Developer Resume Sample
- Game Programmer Resume Sample
What are some responsibilities of a Cisco Engineer?
- Design and implement network solutions
- Manage and maintain existing networks
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot network problems
- Configure firewalls, routers, and switches
- Carry out network security measures
- Test network performance and provide performance statistics and reports
- Maintain network and system documentation
- Perform software upgrades and updates
- Provide technical support and training to users
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and best practices
Sample Cisco Engineer Resume for Inspiration
Name: John Doe
Address: 123 Main Street, San Francisco, CA 94545
Phone: (415) 555-1234
Highly skilled and experienced Cisco Engineer with 5+ years of experience in designing, implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting complex network and security solutions in enterprise environments. Experienced in managing large, complex projects and ensuring successful completion of customer objectives. Excellent customer service, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Cisco Engineer - Company Name, San Francisco, CA (May 2016 - Present)
- Managed, configured, documented, and maintained all aspects of the Enterprise-wide network in a high-availability environment, including routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Provided technical support for internal and external customers.
- Installed and configured Cisco products such as Nexus, ASA, and ISE.
- Led the implementation of a new network security solution and successfully migrated all services to the new platform.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, University of California, San Francisco, CA (May 2011 - May 2016)
- Network Design & Implementation
- Cisco Products Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Network and Security Policy Enforcement
- Network Monitoring and Management
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Resume tips for Cisco Engineer
Creating a perfect, career-launching resume is no easy task. Following general writing rules can help, but it is also smart to get advice tailored to your specific job search. When you’re new to the employment world, you need Cisco Engineer resume tips.
We collected the best tips from seasoned Cisco Engineer - Check out their advice to not only make your writing process easier but also increase your chances of creating a resume that piques the interest of prospective employers.
- Highlight your certifications, such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Include a list of the specific Cisco technologies or software systems you’ve worked with
- Showcase your experience in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Provide specific examples of how you’ve implemented solutions
- Demonstrate your experience in designing, configuring, and managing Cisco networks
Cisco Engineer Resume Summary Examples
A Cisco engineer resume summary or resume objective is an important part of any jobseeker’s resume. It can help potential employers understand your skills, abilities, and qualifications that make you the best candidate for the job. A well-crafted summary or objective can make the difference between getting an interview or being overlooked. It should be concise, clear, and detailed enough to give employers a snapshot of your professional background and experience. It should also be tailored to the specific job you are applying for. By using a Cisco engineer resume summary or resume objective, you can help employers recognize your qualifications and skills that make you the best candidate for the job.
- Experienced Cisco Engineer with 5+ years of experience in network and system design, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Proficient in the installation and maintenance of routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless networks.
- Expert in the design, testing, and implementation of LAN/WAN networks.
- Solid understanding of Cisco technologies and protocols, such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Highly skilled in working with both physical and virtual network environments.
Build a Strong Experience Section for Your Cisco Engineer Resume
Building a strong experience section for a Cisco engineer resume is important because it helps to showcase your technical skills and expertise in the field. It also gives employers an idea of the type of work you have done and where you have developed your skills. Your experience section should include job titles, companies, and a brief description of the projects you have worked on. Additionally, it should include any certifications, awards, or other accomplishments you have achieved. This information will give employers a better understanding of your qualifications and help them decide if you are the right fit for the job.
- Designed, configured and implemented MPLS solutions to facilitate WAN connectivity for multiple clients.
- Provided Level 2 and 3 support for Cisco routing, switching and firewall products.
- Developed and implemented best practices for Cisco IOS and ASA firewalls to ensure security.
- Configured and tested high availability solutions with HSRP and VRRP protocols.
- Managed network monitoring, performance and security solutions with SolarWinds, PRTG and Cisco ASA Firepower.
- Performed troubleshooting and resolution of Layer 2 and Layer 3 network issues.
- Configured, maintained and tested Cisco VoIP solutions.
- Conducted software upgrades and system patching to ensure optimal performance.
- Assisted in the design, development and implementation of cloud-based solutions.
- Provided ongoing technical support for network infrastructure, including routers, switches and firewalls.
Cisco Engineer resume education example
A Cisco engineer would need a four-year bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field. They would also need to be trained and certified on Cisco products, systems, and services. This typically includes an associate-level certification, such as the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), and a professional-level certification, such as the Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE). Additional certifications and specializations can also be helpful for Cisco engineers.
Here is an example of an experience listing suitable for a Cisco Engineer resume:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Networking and Telecommunications, University of California, Los Angeles, CA (2017)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) in Routing and Switching (2017)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) in Routing and Switching (2018)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) in Routing and Switching (2019)
Cisco Engineer Skills for a Resume
Adding skills relevant to the specific Cisco Engineer position is important to make your resume stand out. It will help show that you have the technical knowledge and expertise to perform successfully and that you are the best candidate for the job. Examples of relevant skills for a Cisco Engineer resume include Network Security, Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA Firewall, Network Design, Network Troubleshooting, and Network Monitoring.
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
- Time Management
- Network engineering
- Cisco technologies
- Routing protocols
- Switching protocols
- Network security
- Firewall configuration
- CCNA certification
- Network troubleshooting
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Cisco Engineer Resume
In this competitive job market, employers receive an average of 180 applications for each open position. To process these resumes, companies often rely on automated applicant tracking systems, which can sift through resumes and eliminate the least qualified applicants. If your resume is among the few that make it past these bots, it must still impress the recruiter or hiring manager. With so many applications coming in, recruiters typically give each resume only 5 seconds of their attention before deciding whether to discard it. Considering this, it's best to avoid including any distracting information on your application that could cause it to be thrown away. To help make sure your resume stands out, review the list below of what you should not include on your job application.
- Not including a cover letter. A cover letter is a great way to explain why you are the best candidate for the job and why you want the position.
- Using too much jargon. Hiring managers do not want to read a resume full of technical terms that they do not understand.
- Omitting important details. Make sure to include your contact information, educational background, job history, and any relevant skills and experiences.
- Using a generic template. Take the time to customize your resume to the job you are applying for. This will show the employer that you are serious about the position.
- Spelling and grammar errors. Always double-check your resume for typos, spelling mistakes, and grammar errors.
- Focusing too much on duties. Make sure to include accomplishments and successes to show the employer that you are a great candidate.
- Including personal information. Avoid including any personal information such as age, marital status, or religious beliefs.
Key takeaways for a Cisco Engineer resume
- Highlight your professional certifications and the relevant technology experience.
- Include your experience in troubleshooting, installations and upgrades.
- Mention any responsibilities taken such as project management and team leadership.
- Describe any software development experience or programming languages you have worked with.
- Showcase your knowledge of networking protocols and security standards.
- List your expertise with hardware platforms and software solutions.
- Highlight your communication skills and customer service abilities.
It's time to begin the job search. Make sure you put your best foot forward and land your next job with the help of Resumaker.ai.